1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

News regarding cliffpatte

Discussion in 'reference' started by cliffpatte, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Truly tragic news. Heartfelt sympathies to his nearest and dearest.

2. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Sad news, deepest condolences to his family.

RIP Cliff.

3. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Very, very sorry to hear this awful news. All my sympathy to Cliff's family, friends and everyone who knew him through PFM. Will miss his great contributions and friendly advice particularly in the Photo room. He'll be much missed.

Rich

4. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

this is truly awful. cliff has been part of our community since just about day 1 on the old naim forum. he will be greatly missed here but even more elsewhere: i hope the family does not suffer too greatly and that there will be much happier times for them in the future.

vuk.

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

wow . bad news . so sorry to hear this . he was a very lively contributor

6. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

Very sad news. My condolences to his loved ones.

Alister

7. John Channing

John Channing fruit box forever

i remember him as quite a feisty character back then too :)

8. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

So sorry to hear this terrible news, my condolences to Cliff’s family. R.I.P

9. MartinC

MartinC pfm Member

So sad to hear, sincere condolences to Cliff's family. Although we never met, I much enjoyed Cliff's contributions to PFM, especially in the photography threads. I am sure I echo everyone's thoughts here is saying that we will miss you.

10. JohnW

JohnW Trade: Lakewest

Very sad to hear, condolences for your loss

RIP

11. Son_of_Thor

Son_of_Thor pfm Member

That's awful news. I'm a relative newcomer to the photo part of the forum and find myself spending more time there than anywhere else. On the odd occasion I've posted, Cliff offered invaluably helpful advice and it seems others experienced the same. He will be sorely missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Si

12. Derek Wright

Derek Wright pfm Member

Very sad news - how old was he?

13. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

So sorry to hear this terrible news. I used to enjoy Cliff's erudite photo ramblings. Such a terrible loss for his family

14. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

Only just discovered this, as I've been offline since Saturday. Cliff will be sadly missed and was a unique, and valuable member of our community. Cliff was a really dedicated family man, and I really cannot imagine how awful it is for them all.
    His universally excellent images will be a lasting memorial.

(and the whole camera industry is in danger of going bust now!)

15. AndrewR

AndrewR pfm Member

Sorry to just read this. Deep condolences to his family and friends (including many of us here).

Cliff's contribution was legendary, including the golden early days of online "Flat Earth" hi-fi forums (e.g. Naim).

Only met him once at a pub meet-up and what a character!

Andrew

16. SCIDB

SCIDB Triode Man

Hi,

Sad news. Deepest condolences.

It is always a sad time when valued members past away.

Dean

17. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

It's very sad. I enjoyed his photo contributions particularly but it's not about me it's about his family and close friends. I wish them all the best in the circumstances.

18. strummer

strummer pfm Member

I'm sure there must be a Fishy capable of setting up one of those Just Giving thingies?

137 x a fiver would buy a stonking big daft record player wreath.

19. neil

neil Wish I could re member

My condolences to all his family and friends.

20. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

It would be worth asking his family what they would like, my mothers wish was for no flowers but for everyone to donate to charity.