1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitin Sawhney.

Discussion in 'music' started by blossomchris, Oct 26, 2017.

1. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Sorry no Amazon link as yet.

Forthcoming release from Gearbox records, have no fear they press some great records.
    Plenty of Jazz too.

See post no.3 for link

Bloss

2. docp

docp pfm Member

Link not working for me :(

3. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Nor me. Unable to link to actual record, but you will find it in new releases. worth having a browse of their releases, superior sq on the 5 or 6 I have purchased there.

https://gearboxrecords.wazala.com

Bloss

4. docp

docp pfm Member

Ok cheers mate

5. Natara

Natara pfm Member

£19 @ Banquet Records or £18.75 @ Juno Records.

6. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

7. Still

Still gyldengourd

Many thanks for the heads up Chris.
    I'm attempting to order (internet connection here is wonky!).

Cheers - John

ps where the heck is Joe Hutch?

Edit: 15 minutes later, and on a 10KB connection, successfully ordered.

8. Engels

Engels pfm Member

9. Moko

Moko pfm Member

10. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Great photos. I am now asking myself why I did not go, next time I will.
    The Nico 12" is a cracker by the way, Mr.datsun on here put me onto them.

Bloss

11. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

I ordered the CD from Gearbox, and despite showing a 17th November release date it arrived today.

12. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

The record came today, another quality pressing and cover. A live recording to cherish.
    Also bought Butcher Brown - Live at Vagabond.

Bloss

13. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

Is it much different from OneZero? Looked for it on Spotify to preview, but it's not available there :/

14. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

About 6 or 7 tracks are the same, but this is a Live recording.

Bloss

15. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

In a way, OneZero was also a live recording, i.e. recorded live in a studio, direct to disc.

16. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

It could well be so. To assist with clarification the recording engineer is David McEwan, recorded at Ronnie Scott's March 16th 2016.

Bloss

17. Engels

Engels pfm Member

18. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Just ordered my copy from eBay £21.99 free p&p there is a sampler track -Sunset on Tidal

19. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Best of luck to you.

I was aware you could get some of Gearbox records, ones they has sold out of, cheaper elsewhere and I have done so. When a new release takes my fancy I am more than happy to buy from them as the financial saving is of no interest to me on this amount, it used to be, not now. I am happy to pay top dollar if it keeps them doing what they do.

Bloss

20. Natara

Natara pfm Member

...and now everone can see what a noble chap you are well done mate keep up the good work!