1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXII)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by richgilb, Oct 14, 2017.

1. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

I wonder what excuse he'll give when they don't show up on time. Sorry, the dog ate them?

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

3. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

David "thick as mince" Davis will need to learn how to write first.

4. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

To be fair, provided he knows how to spell "clusterf***" then I don't think he'll need too long to write it up.

5. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis neither hairy nor a haggis!

Fubar ought to do it

6. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

'Ere, no questions asked or big Reg will be 'avin a word.

7. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Well, yes, there's a bit of that too.

8. Philim

Philim pfm Member

9. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yes, always good to read articles that try to analyse the root causes of the present economic problems.

On a different topic, publication of the 58 sector-based impact reports, which were supposed to be made available to the HoC today, has been delayed by up to three weeks.

Is anyone else wondering if they even exist?

10. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

11. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Quite. I'm not sure what's worse - not actually bothering to do these impact assessments, or lying about having done them. The combination of arrogance, complacency and incompetence is breathtaking.

12. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

What the f*ck! Wow! I was half joking about the impact assessments not really existing.

Is there no end to the dishonesty and incompetence of this government? I'm speechless. :(

13. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I'm not sure, but isn't it the case that there are 'reports' and that 58 sectors were analysed, not necessarily that there are 58 reports.

Even so, the raw material should be made available. All this 'the dog ate my homework' stuff is, sadly, not as much of a surprise as it ought to be.

14. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

HIGNFY are going to have field day with this...

15. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Looks like Davis was claiming the former: "Davis 6/17 "We've got 50, nearly 60 sector analyses already done" Davis 11/17 "It is not the case that 58 sectoral impact assessments exist" from https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/927836264694501376

Also "Lord Bridges told Parliament that the sectoral reports DID cover the "impact" of Brexit and looked at each in a "manageable format". https://mobile.twitter.com/mattholehouse/status/927880984376340481

16. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

There is also the possibility that these asssessments do in fact exist but they are so damning that Davis would rather lie and pretend that they didn’t than have them published. Either way, l would have thought that this would easily constitute an example of the offence of Misconduct In Public Office. Perhaps the opposition parties could oblige here.

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

They're delayed because DD needs to buff them. He claimed they're fragmentary and need to be fashioned into a product the c'tee can interpret. You can place two possible interpretations on it- either he hasn't done the work and they are indeed an unusable pile or he has and he needs to polish it before showing. Nothing this character has done inspires any confidence. He's learning as we learn, it seems.

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Or the offence of misleading Parliament, perhaps?

19. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Yes that as well!

20. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member