1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gassor, Dec 5, 2017.

1. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

This is how you do a meme...

[​IMG]

andrewd, calorgas, droodzilla and 5 others like this.
  2. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Don't worry it will all be blamed on Momentum. They are being investigated by the Electoral Commission into whether they broke campaign finance rules. Fkucing atheist commies.

Jack

3. Konteebos

Konteebos Post Ironic

The real reports had to be hidden, there are 58 reports - each dozens, if not hundreds of pages long, and each and every page like Jack's manuscript in The Shining...

Brexit means Brexit. Brexit means Brexit. Brexit means Brexit. Brexit means Brexit. Brexit means Brexit. Brexit means Brexit.

i_should_coco and Michael P like this.
  4. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

What are the right wing rags saying about Davis? I assume they are ignoring his blatant untruthyness?

I can't bring myself to look.

Stephen

5. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

I suspect he's a bit upset that he's not the focus in Brexit so...

Now Boris says "Britain can lead the global war against Islamist terror" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/07/britain-can-lead-global-war-against-islamist-terror/

“British foreign policy is not the problem; it is part of the solution,” he will say, arguing that the troubles in Syria, Yemen and the wider Middle East “have been exacerbated not so much by Western meddling as by our aloofness”.

Cos, like, the long history of British carving up and meddling in the Middle East is all so positive. Destroying the stability of Iraq and Libya wasn't part of the problem, it was part of the solution.

Maybe it's an early entry for Comic Relief? :confused:

Under this government, Britain is going down. Big time. The world-leading levels of private debt, the housing bubble, the reliance on a non-productive financial services industry that can move overnight.

6. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It appears to be the trajectory of politics the further it moves from the centre-ground. Brexit was built upon extremist nut-jobs from the start, e.g. Farage is just a wealthy public school fascist, a partially house-trained Nick Griffin. Jacob Rees-Mogg is an even odder and wealthier abstraction of the same thing.

7. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

Enough of this echo chamber. As a true wishy-washy liveral, I'm going to inhabit a couple of Brexiteer forums for the next couple of days, just to see if there is any positive at all.

Any suggestions apart from the comments on the Daily Fail?

I'll report back

8. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

I would have thought car or motor bike forums might be worth a try. As to which ones, no idea. Good luck.

9. stephen bennett

Just ask the following question.

'What has the EU ever stopped you from doing and how will leaving let you do it'.

Stephen

10. richgilb

richgilb I'd have voted out lol....

Try business forums too. It's more balanced there.

11. Michael P

Michael P pfm Member

I periodically read http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php/10-General-chit-chat , always good to understand how people on the other side of the political fence see things. It'll be a bit of a shock if you are venturing out of your "wishy-washy liberal bubble" for the first time, but it is regular day-to-day stuff for a large part of the population (including where I live). Good starting points:
    - Have you changed your mind on Brexit, good overview of how Brexiteers see the EU: http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/235574-Brexit-have-you-chnged-your-mind
    - Why Sweden is not a lovely liberal utopia, good insight into how confirmation bias+internet can be a dangerous combination: http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/234614-Sweden-a-loverly-liberal-utopia
    - Why Britain has poverty (little preview of who will be to blame for economic problems after we leave the EU): http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/236287-WTF-fifth-of-Brits-living-in-poverty
    - Why BRITISH cities should still be EU cities of culture in 2023 (bonkers, really): http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums...culture-complete-double-standards-from-the-EU

Good luck!

12. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I wanted to make a fortune supplying banana straightening machines but the it turned out the EU had never banned bent ones - bastards.

kendo likes this.
  13. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

If anyone interferes with my bendy banana, I swear I'll do time!

Still likes this.
  14. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Battling with his furnace

If you do time you will find plenty of people who will interfere with your bendy banana.

15. stephen bennett

Why are we surprised that Davis is economical with the truth. Look at his fellow Brexiters. Fox, Johnson ...

Interesting article as to why May is trying to replicate EU regulations post-Brexit, even the ones about selling Olives. And it's to do with the WTO.

Stephen

16. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

No, I'm not interested in balanced views - I want some rabid Brexiteer ones, to balance my own views! 37% of the electorate can't all be bonkers racists. Can they?

17. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Ouch.

“Mrs May might think she is entering a negotiation...A German official sums it up: “Britain decided unilaterally to leave the EU. Now it is up to us [the 27] to decide what agreement we are prepared to make with a third country.” https://twitter.com/KeohaneDan/status/938659517025353733

18. richgilb

richgilb I'd have voted out lol....

Motorbike and car forums then!

19. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

You want to try shooting and fishing forums....or not!

20. Konteebos

Konteebos Post Ironic

We want to take back control. Because in my imagination foreigners are telling us what to do, in a way I can't quite define.