1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Pavel Haas Quartet

Discussion in 'classical' started by Darkagesound, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Darkagesound

Darkagesound pfm Member

I've just purchased their new release of Dvorak Quintets OP 81 & 97. I've enjoyed all their releases that I've bought. Much acclaimed chamber group - anyone else enjoying them?

2. Todd A

Todd A pfm Member

Love the Paval Haas. I have all of their recordings except the new Dvorak, and will be rectifying that soon. All of their recordings are at or near reference quality, starting with Prokofiev and Smetana.

3. clogman

clogman pfm Member

Just got the new one in. Can't wait to get my amp back!

4. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Yes, they are absolutely outstanding. The Schubert, Smetana and previous Dvořák cds are tremendous, full on, really strong performances. Only listened to the Piano Quintet from the most recent cd. Have been lucky enough to hear them live. The next time they are in the U.K. is February 11 next year.

http://www.pavelhaasquartet.com/en/concerts/

btw, Qobuz has a large chunk of their catalogue.