1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Discussion in 'photo' started by chipbutty, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

One from the archives. Central France in 2008...

[​IMG]

Middle ages
    by Steve, on Flickr

2. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

tuga, Dev, Gromit and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

One from The Peaks which I've only just got round to processing.

[​IMG]

Higger Tor by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8

Lefty

mentalp, John Barry, Dev and 3 others like this.
  4. Pete MB&D

5. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chateau Le Tertre Roteboeuf, St.Emilion, and it's proprietor, the inimitable Francois Mitjavile, taken about 20 years ago on a sultry Sunday afternoon.

Nikon F3, Nikon 24-120, Kodak TriX400

Gromit, Paulicus, mentalp and 2 others like this.
  6. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

Aldeburgh beach sculpture:

[​IMG]

Dev, Paulicus, eternumviti and 2 others like this.
  7. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Fabulous set of images eternumviti. Love the grain pattern of Tri-X. Timeless...

8. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

At the Water Rats last Sunday to see a friend supporting this lot, considerably younger than most of the bands I've shot at gigs (not sure you could say the same about the audience)
    Touch My Secret

[​IMG]Touch My Secret by Pete, on Flickr

Dev and Paulicus like this.
  9. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

and Daryl in action
    [​IMG]Yes Men by Pete, on Flickr

He also drums for Morton Valence

Dev and Paulicus like this.
  10. Pete MB&D

11. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Dev and Pete MB&D like this.
  12. Pete MB&D

Dev likes this.
  13. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The German battery at Longues-sur-Mer in Normandy, taken on June 6th 1984.

Nikon F3, Nikon 24-120, Kodak TriX, scanned with Nikon Coolscan IV & Vuescan

Dev, Gromit, Lefty and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Dev, Lefty, Gromit and 1 other person like this.
  15. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Nice one David!

In 84 the site had become a bit neglected, and the authorities had had a rough 'tidy up' for the 40th commemorations. The result was to make it all look slightly as if the battle had just taken place! It's all rather tidier now, and I believe H&E has fenced off the smashed bunker.

I think that the Atlantic Wall bunkers are an extraordinary if accidental work of art. For years I intended to do a project on them, but sadly the graffiti vandals have got at many of them, and some of the most iconic were recently demolished at Wimereux, H&E again.

16. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Its a shame, as concrete is quite beautiful, in a brutal kind of way. Despite being really interested in the history of WW2, I have visited very little of the D-Day beaches/beachhead , something that needs to be rectified!!!

17. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

I used to go to Normandy quite often, but not for years now. My first visit was when I took these photos, the 1984 commemorations. I went over in a Range Rover, and slept in the back! One night I camped just behind this battery. Spooky.

In 1984 there were many vets there, the youngest of them the same age as I am now. I wish I had photographed them.

I remember seeing a young fellow walking across Omaha beach in full US Infantry combat gear, thought it was rather inappropriate. Now it is all reenactors in Jeeps, very few vets left.

18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

It's well worth doing. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by the American cemetery above Omaha beach.

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Dunham Massey in Cheshire. Playing around with portrait mode on my iPhone...

[​IMG]

Sundial
    by Steve, on Flickr

20. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thank you, Pete. :)