1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of your pets (part II)

Discussion in 'photo' started by Pete MB&D, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

This is Jasper, who belongs to some good friends of ours. A sad time though, in that he was recently diagnosed with Cancer which is untreatable - he's 10 years old and had a great life, but been given literally weeks to live. They asked me to pop over to grab some photos of him and despite his illness, he's still such a great big happy, friendly and soft-hearted soul but we know his time on this earth will soon be up. Was a privilege to spend a couple of hours with him:

[​IMG]Jasper by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

andy831 and mentalp like this.
  2. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

He looks lovely and I'm sure will be sorely missed. That's a lovely photo Gromit - I'm sure they'll value it so much.

3. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks Ian - we've known Jasper since he was a pup, and he's just the softest, daftest great big lump of fur'n'fun one could wish for. He's doing remarkably well, considering he has multiple tumours, but as soon as he shows any sign of suffering - the 'decent thing' will be done.

4. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

I've just read Jasper's story - so very sad. What a wonderful image this will be to treasure him by. A very emotive and moving photograph.

5. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

that is a beautiful picture - and I don't "do" dogs, but be looks lovely, and my best to his owners for the journey he is on.

Gromit likes this.
  6. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

Yank likes this.
  7. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Happy birthday boys

8. RPSGC

RPSGC pfm Member

They must have some 'birthday' boxes to check out :)

9. claire.fox

claire.fox Punk Pony Princess

You dog will now reboot, please wait while we update its settings...

[​IMG]

mentalp, Still, MJS and 2 others like this.
  10. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

That is super chilled out

11. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Henry the Cat is at the animal hospital this morning to lose his testicles. Poor little guy. All it took to capture him and get him into the cat carrier was deception and a complete betrayal of his trust.

After Henry is back home and healing, it'll be Oscar's turn. Henry was the priority, because he's begun doing stinky things. Oscar's only major transgression, besides following Henry around and sniffing the stench, is to occasionally try to rape the (male) kitten.

I'm going to have to invest in an ultraviolet torch to find the last of Henry's disgusting marks, although I think I've already found and cleaned the worst of them.

12. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Oh well, i'm sure he'll be ok. We did our two at the same time, but they didn't seem to be that put off, and we just fed them lots when they got back home which seemed to restore faith in the staff (e.g us).

13. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

they'll be fine we had Ziggy and Marley done at the same time, and they barely noticed the difference, although it did stop them from trying to shag each other. They are as playful as ever

[​IMG]2017-11-11_10-11-50 by uh_simon, on Flickr

[​IMG]2017-11-11_10-11-04 by uh_simon, on Flickr

14. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I hope it wasn't an LP in that Amazon box...

15. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

no it wasn't - it was a medium sized box flattened ready for our recycling bin. It did contain two pairs of shoe trees.

16. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

RPSGC likes this.
  17. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

[​IMG]Red by Pete, on Flickr
    Red, this morning

AudioAl, Gromit and andy831 like this.
  18. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Looks like she is a poser :)

19. gintonic