1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Priti Patel: Undisclosed Meetings in Israel

Discussion in 'off topic' started by droodzilla, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

She will no doubt bring her considerable skill as a magician’s assistant to the role. Puts her ahead of BoJo in the skills table anyway.

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Max, that avatar looks like some "alt-right" redneck looking for the local lynchin' party. I can almost hear Duelling Banjos playing.

maxflinn likes this.
  3. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

Given a political decision to maintain the number of Brexiteers in the cabinet, that was a given.

4. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Oh good, another lightweight with little regard for the truth. What can go wrong?

5. ariegur

ariegur pfm Member

It is teally sad to me to tell you that the codes in Israel are very poor in comparison to yours.
    We have PM that his best relatives are suspected in involvement in corruption in buying sibmarines to the IDF from Germany. It is not clear yet if he wasn't involved by homself.
    We have a PM that received gifts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars from billionaires to himself and to his wife and he claims that thete is nothing wrong with this.
    We have members of the Knesset who passing laws in order to protect our PM from facing justice while they are claiming that thay are doing this for the well-being of the people in Israel.
    We have PM that attacks in ugly ways - while using his power as a PM - the police, the court houses,the Israeli journalists in order to confuse their true and right activities regarding his acts.

My world is tottally different than yours and I am preferring yours.

Politicians lying is common in Israel.

Sad.

Arye

FireMoon and maxflinn like this.
  6. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Well we have lying ones too. That’s the point!

Stephen

7. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

PsB likes this.
  8. TheDecameron

As mentioned already up thread- her behaviour seen in the context of action to take down any Labour MPs not seen as being aquiescent to one foreign power, demonstrate an even deeper question of judgment on her part. I'm putting it euphemistically too.

9. billo

billo pfm Member

I am tempted to offer all my worldly possessions to the person who can wipe that smirk off her face. I suspect that I will be safe offering this bet.

10. maxflinn

maxflinn Always Trying To Be Logical

Worse, they were fellow Tory MPs that Israel targeted!

Alan Duncan and Crispin Blunt.

https://electronicintifada.net/blog...eo-reveals-israeli-plot-take-down-uk-minister

11. richgilb

richgilb I voted out lol....

Are you the white or brown doggy, Dec?

TheDecameron likes this.
  12. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Interesting piece. The role of dark money and how it could have funded some of Patel's trips abroad on behalf of the Henry Jackson Society needs investigation. The Charity Commission are having no luck with this.

The UK has quite a few right-wing think tanks, which the mainstream media continually consult. Until now Patel has played a major role in thinktankistan, "Britain’s dark-money funded nexus of think tanks, corporate PR, and lobbying."

Jack

13. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Apparently, Patel was deeply remorseful today and very apologetic over what she had done... Oh, hang on, no sorry. Actually...

"Friends told the Telegraph Miss Patel was 'livid' at Tory Remainers such as Anna Soubry and would now 'go off like a doublebarrelled shotgun'.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5066353/Patel-allies-warn-ready-like-shotgun.html

There is no light at the end of the Brexit tunnel with this lot of incompetents and liars in charge. It's a full-on crash.

14. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Like Boris Johnson, she lacks any sense of shame and is incapable of feeling remorse.

The caption under the photo that accompanies the DM article (I clicked - shoot me!) describes her as "all smiles". They must be describing a different person - I look at the photo and struggle to see the slightest glimmer of humanity in her smirking clock.

15. TheDecameron

Rich, I love you man. That's like, like squared.

16. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Arkless

Row faster...

maxflinn likes this.
  17. maxflinn

18. maxflinn

And in a reply to that Tweet someone posted this video clip of Max Keiser stating when he worked for the Beeb:

We only had one editorial direction and that is we could not mention Israel in any context. That's the only thing we heard from the BBC.

https://twitter.com/TheBirmingham6/status/928388902368481281

19. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

careful, those words may come to haunt you at election time.

vuk.

20. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Surely the worst assembly of corrupt and inept politicians ever to make up a "cabinet" in UK Government in the history of this nation?

They will of course survive through more lies about the opposition and relying on the lack of intelligence of the continued Brexiteers and habitual Tory victims - sorry - voters.

The likes of Patel and Johnson are symptoms of the disease that has infected the UK, not the cause. The cause was Margaret Thatcher and I hope the woman is rotting in hell watching the ineptitude of those charged with continuing her destruction of civilised society.