1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

REGA KYTE FOAMS

Discussion in 'charity' started by Markie, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Markie

Markie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much retired but make a few foams for SBLs and Saras to keep a few quid coming in. I've had several requests for Reka Kyte so I've made a pair as a tester.

[​IMG]

The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the woofer cutout is a bit rough. That's because they were made from a wooden template. If I decide to make them on a regular basis I'll invest in one made of steel.

So here's the deal. PM me if you're interested. The first pair can go for a £20.00 donation to Help for Heroes. That will include recorded delivery post to mainland UK. If for any reason you're not happy you can send them back and I'll refund you from my own pocket.

THESE HAVE BEEN ON HERE FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS AND THERE IS NO INTEREST WHATEVER. I'LL AUCTION ON EBAY WITH PROCEEDS TO H FOR H.

2. Kevin Taggerty

Kevin Taggerty New Member

Hi Markie, I have found you on Pink Fish searching for replacement foam grills for my Kytes - after twenty years they are simply disintegrating! If you still have these I would like to buy them because although the cabinets are finished to a very high standard I prefer not to see the speaker cones. Many thanks, Kevin Taggerty.

3. Markie

Markie Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin, Unfortunately there was no interest on here, but they are now listed on Ebay. All proceeds of the sale are going to the Nepal earthquake appeal, so please bid hard. Many thanks for your interest.

4. BlueYeti

BlueYeti pfm Member

Hi there Markie,

I too have just found this thread after looking on the net for the set of replacement Kyte grills! I wonder if you are still willing to make any more? Hope so as my dear old Kyte grills have seen better days and are crumbling away!

If not, is there anywhere else replacements can be bought. Thanks in advance :)

5. Shinobi

Shinobi New Member

Hi Markie

Are you still doing the Rega Kyte Foams? Regards, Darren.

6. guydarryl

guydarryl Active Member

Only just found this, but could be interested too.

7. enemes

enemes New Member

I'd be totally interested in these too.

8. SimeonBstes

SimeonBstes New Member

Hi Markie. My grandad recently passed away and has left me a pair of Rega Kyte's and the foams are knackered. I'd be really interested in trying to get another pair.

9. domfjbrown

domfjbrown pfm Member

I would as well :)

10. djftw

djftw Heterodox Member

And me, no idea how I missed this first time round...

11. chris2008

chris2008 Active Member

Yes Id love a pair or 2 please.
    Kind regards
    Chris

12. rogerthat

rogerthat New Member

Hi Markie
    Are you still making these? I would love a pair (and some port foams if you are interesting in doing those also).
    Best regards,
    James

13. PerF

PerF Private

Me too