1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Roger Waters Is This The Life We Really Want?

Discussion in 'music' started by Barry williams, May 31, 2017.

1. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

As I was replying to a post about The Endless River, I'll let you think about your question before I answer.

2. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Going to agree with a few posters above this album really is growing on me- angriness aside.:D

3. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

I bought it on cd after hearing great things but got a bit fed up with the moaning(I know) and the voice not being as good as he used to be. I also didnt think much of the recording-but, but as Robby says above I'll give it a few more goes maybe its a grower.

4. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

I'm listening to the album for the first time as I type and I'm pleased to say I like it. Amused to Death and Pro and Cons are albums I feel somewhat obliged to listen to simply because they're Roger Waters albums, although that's not to say I don't appreciate their musical merit or don't get any enjoyment from listening to them, albeit not as much as I'd like, but this album stands on its own two feet as far as my getting on with it goes and will be getting the most play time of the Waters albums in my collection. Well done Roger ;)

5. BJP

BJP Optimistic Utopian

Radio Kaos ?

6. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Radio Kaos and Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking are my go to Waters albums. I am looking forward to hearing this when I get the urge to buy / rent some new music.

7. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

That used to get my dog looking for the dog that was barking behind the speakers :)

8. BJP

BJP Optimistic Utopian

9. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

I don't have a copy of Radio Kaos, so I couldn't say whether I'd listen to it with joy, a sense of obligation or under duress.