1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

rogers export monotors

Discussion in 'audio' started by anderson4209, Jan 12, 2018.

1. anderson4209

anderson4209 pfm Member

hi all, im using ls3/5a and harbeth p3esr at the moment, a pair of rogers export monitors have become avaliable and i was wondering how these would sound against the speakers i am using at present, any coments very welcome, regards, peter.

2. tuga

tuga pfm Member

You'll probably get better dynamic capability and more extended lows.
    If you are looking for vintage speakers I think that the Spendor BC1 from that same era is considered a better speaker tonally wise, and there's also the SP1 and more recent SP1/2 or 1/2e.
    If performance is your goal, either the SHL5+ or the Stirling LS3/6. Current Spendors from S1 are not performing at a similar level.

3. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

I recently had some Rogers Studio One's, great midrange and relaxed tone, too laid back for me, but if you like the BBC sound they're very good value.

I think someone updated/refreshed the cross-over to good effect.

4. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

How big is your room and how far away from the speakers do you sit?

If you have a small room and sit less than 3m away from the speakers, the Harbeths will be hard to beat in terms of accuracy. The export monitors will give more heft to lower frequencies.

I use the intro to the Long Version of Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix as a test - if I can feel the guitar as well as hear it, it’s right, if the bass is overpowering, the speakers are too big or I have a standing wave issue.

Have you considered a sub for the stuff below 75hz? This can be tuned far more easily than a larger pair of speakers or even switched off when you don’t want it. I found a modest sub used very subtly with my P3esrs worked wonders.