1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Royd Eden

Discussion in 'audio' started by Natara, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Just purchased some Edens on eBay as I'm curious about what my Naim 300 can do with quality small speakers and as a temporary fill in whilst I sell my speakers to fund some new ones. If anyone has any clues as to Eden set up I would be very grateful.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

Put them on rigid stands close to the rear wall, enjoy!

3. the heretic

the heretic pfm Member

As near to a solid rear wall as possible and mount on open frame stands.Royd's own ones best or Linn Kan 2 next best

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  4. OracleFi

OracleFi Active Member

I have Sapphires (quite similar to Edens but without steel lined cabinet walls) about 11-12cm from rear wall. Even tough they are rear ported they can go very close to back wall without any booming. They do not need any toe-in IMO, or maybe just a mm or two if you like. Open frame stands and without top spikes (I use thin small cork tiles) seem to produce the best results. £80 is a very good price. I've not found any standmounts under £1000 to beat my Sapphires, Linn Kan mk1 is the only real contender, but Sapphires have more tuneful bass.

5. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Thanks for the advice I'm really looking forward to hearing them.

6. Dark Energy

Dark Energy pfm Member

Wow! I didn't see them! Now go easy with that volume control so when you realise how lightweight they are you can still sell them to me! Not kidding big Apex & Ela fan here! Possibly the only man in the world who knows what they sound like on the end of Kondos Ongaku, (which I really wish I still had but just so I could sell it!).

I hope you like them, there is something very special about these speakers.

7. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Had mine around 35cm from the wall, on Atacama stands in a small room, nice little speakers.
    They are capable of a huge sound if you get the placement correct, best of the small Royds IME.

8. Natara

Natara pfm Member

They are arriving tomorrow after my local hifi service guy has given them the once over and I get some stands I will report back.

9. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

If you have no luck sourcing Royd or Kan stands the old Sound Organization High Stands work great as well.

10. Natara

Natara pfm Member

I received the Royd Edens this morning and as I have no stands stuck them on top of my floorstanders and even set up like that I can tell what a great little speaker they are as soon as I have some suitable stands I will report back.

11. Natara

Natara pfm Member

I have found some speaker stands online sold by Thomsons that look as they may work I don't know how to post a link but if you do a google search this Pyle PSTND14 if anyone could take a quick look and tell me if they look as if they might work I would be very grateful.

12. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

I'd say no to those. The Edens deserve a decent pair of stands, such as those mentioned previously. As you appear to be located in the UK, I'm sure that some will come up on the various on-line classified listings soon. You could place a want ad on here too.

This is what you should be looking for...

[​IMG]

13. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Yes I think you are right as pointed out to me also a bit high and yes I do have an ad on here I will give it a bump.

14. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Have just purchased some Heywood open framed speaker stands on eBay that look just the ticket a couple of inches shorter than the Kan stands but other than that look great.