1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Royd Minstrels Auction ends Thurs 26th Jan

Discussion in 'charity' started by ian123running, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Hi Pinkfishers,

* Money donated to Oxfam
    * Starting bid £40
    * Highest Bid to this thread before 10pm on Thursday 26 Jan wins.
    * Collect from Oxford or local delivery possible.

A nice pair of Royd Minstrels available to collect from Oxford UK (or I could deliver within a reasonable radius or meet half way).

These belonged to a friend’s mother in law - very much a careful owner. My friend wants these to find a good home in return for a donation to Oxfam so I suggested someone on Pinkfish might like them.

They are small floor-standers with own MDF 'stands’ or platforms with spikes. I fired them up yesterday and they sounded pretty good - plenty of bass, absolutely lovely vocals, good pace and rhythm. The bass/ mid drivers don’t seem to have the ‘gummed up’ problem I’ve read about.

The black cabinets are good - some thinning of the stain around the edges but sure this could be touched up with a marker pen- otherwise one or two surface scratches but I think these have had a very easy life.

Includes a couple of lengths of QED 79 strand or something of that ilk.

I don’t know how much these are worth - how about starting bids at £40 for Oxfam. Will go the highest bidder on this thread before 10pm on Thursday 26 January.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

[​IMG][/url]Minstrels_1 by Ian123running, on Flickr [/img]

[​IMG][/url]Minstrels_2 by Ian123runnig, on Flickr [/img]

[​IMG][/url]Minstrels_5 by Ian123running, on Flickr [/img]

[​IMG][/url]Minstrels_3 by Ian123running, on Flickr [/img]

[​IMG][/url]Minstrels_4 by Ian123running, on Flickr [/img]

2. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

I'll have a bid - £75?

3. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Great, thanks! btw if anyone wants to see / hear them in the next week let me know.

4. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Currently with Martian Sunrise... Auction closes today 10pm.

Ian

5. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Congrats and thanks Martian, these are yours for donation to Oxfam. I've pm'd you.

Ian