1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam warning

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Tony L, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Seem to be more then ever now. All the same......ebaya, ebayb, ebayc in the title. Going to cost Ebay a packet in Paypal claims.

2. neilo7

neilo7 One day I'll stop upgrading

I offered him £20 for it :p

3. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

Yep, there have been loads of Linn listings shows up like this over the last couple of days. They're so blatantly obvious, anyone who clicks "buy it now" on one of those listings deserves to lose their money (not being too harsh here, it's typically £20-£30). You'd need to be seriously gullible to fall for it.

4. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Agreed. Anyone who thinks they can get a ride on mower for under 30 quid (posted!) needs certifiying.

5. L&N republican

L&N republican pfm Member

http://m.ebay.com/itm/182587683475?_mwBanner=1
    I found this for sale in Usa for 7500 Usd and in Italy for 2200€, 3x cheaper.Two pics are the same.I ask for pic from back,of course no pics,only question : when you come to Italy?
    A lot of "to good to be true" prices for Linn on that site

6. L&N republican

7. ItalianMike

ItalianMike pfm Member

IFFY, I think... The wall power/socket outlets that are visible in one or two of the pictures do not correspond with any I have ever seen in Italy. I might be wrong, of course.

8. L&N republican

9. Ewen1970

Ewen1970 The Ocean Doesn't Want Me

10. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

11. MrPinkEyes

MrPinkEyes pfm Member

Is this the same one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263080218497

http://www.ebay.com/itm/372008103852

They have a cds2 going as well.. but when you go to sellers other listings comes up with no item? It's been double listed too. Trying to find the report item but can't seem to find it.
    Both SL2's and cds2 are priced the same. Looks like they want contact so they can ask for bank transfer.

Perhaps if you agree with my findings you can report it, as I have absolutely no idea how to do it on an iPad. :)

12. MrPinkEyes

MrPinkEyes pfm Member

Oh dear, the same guys are at it again. Ships from the US but comes from China, Hong Kong interesting isn't it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332306710358

Listed x2. One again my iPad doesn't have a report listing, if you would be so kind.

13. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Looks like a hijacked account. The sellers feedback shows he shipped from Derbyshire, now Taiwan. Other items has 3448 items listed.
    Reported (if Ebay take any notice).

14. Hifi_swlon

Hifi_swlon pfm Member

In my experience, they don't (take any notice)

15. Midlandaudiox

Midlandaudiox Trade: Midland Audio X-Change

That's My listing and what's wrong with it ?

16. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Looks like a standard Naim BNC to me as the seller says

[​IMG]

17. Midlandaudiox

18. Midlandaudiox

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/N3sAAOSwdoVZhd3w/$_1.JPG

19. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Is he getting confused with the fact that the lower BNC is partially inline with the grounding post in the photo making it look like a cut cable :confused:

20. Midlandaudiox

Should have gone to specsavers