1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

SJS resuscitated

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by sjs, Jul 13, 2015.

1. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Tocos cosmos?

2. sjs

sjs Trade: SJS Electroacoustics

Yes, one of them is a Tocos Cosmos

3. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Are they all named now? What about the first one, named as Alps- Jap luxury. Does it have a better name?
    And which one sounds best? ;)

4. sjs

Nearly all named correctly..... so here is the complete list

Top row, left to right:
    Alps RK50, TKD 2CP-2500, Alps RK27 (blue), PEC, Alps RK40 (black)

Bottom row, left to right:
    Penny & Giles RF15, TKD 2CP-601/S, Tocos Cosmos, Alpha 9-PC-STE, Noble RP25

and to keep you on your toes, here are 5 more :)

[​IMG]

5. awkwardbydesign

I think No.4 is an Elma, probably a 2 pole 24 way.
    And No. 5 could be a Valab unit. No.1 looks like another Valab switch with Dale resistors.

6. awkwardbydesign

No.2 Audionote 100K? And No.3 Noble, or at least claimed as such on ebay.
    I must get out more! :D

7. sjs

2 out of 5 :)

8. sjs

correct

it does seem to be a Noble, and certainly has elements of the same sound through the midrange and top end

9. awkwardbydesign

So does that mean only 2 and 3 are correct? What about 4, is it not an Elma?

10. sjs

2 and 3 are correct, but 4 is not an Elma....although the switch looks like one ;)

11. awkwardbydesign

Grr! :mad:
    Well, I'm off to fire up the Coleman reg for the 01A. Wish me luck!

12. sjs

best of luck with that.

I have some of Ale's gyrator boards, but fear it may take some time before I can get them going, so I am interested in your experience.

13. awkwardbydesign

It worked! So far. See Wigwam thread.

14. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Goldmund? Had one that looked similar in my old OTO SE, think you may have fitted it.

15. awkwardbydesign

How about DACT? CT2? But I still think the switch is made by Elma!

16. sjs

bingo :D

17. awkwardbydesign

18. sjs

To celebrate 20 years since the first sjs arcadia Model 1 preamplifiers were delivered, we are pleased to announce a special 20th anniversary 20% discount on confirmed orders for any new sjs arcadia valve amplifier

[​IMG]

This offer includes all current designs: Model 3 riaa, Model 5 se 300B, Model 6 riaa, Model 7 line, Model 8 se 300B amp, Aoide headphone amp

19. sjs

We are delighted to announce that we will again be exhibiting at the 4th edition of the NWAS which will take place in Cranage Hall and will run over 2 days.

We will be showing the SJS Arcadia amplifiers, Model 3 riaa, Model 5 SE 300B and Model 7 preamplifier complete with Living Voice loudspeakers and valves, with Kondo cables.

[​IMG]

THE SHOW
    NWAS is set to become one of the highlights in the audiophile calendar. With great exhibitors, top brands and a superb venue, we believe that the North West Audio Show gives attendees the opportunity to hear the very best audio in surroundings that are second to none.

IT'S FREE
    Free entry, free parking, a day surrounded by the best in audio and all in the beautiful setting of Cranage Hall, Cheshire. Book your free entry ticket(s) and enjoy a great audio festival at Cranage Hall in 2017 with best HiFi, live music, Audio Talks and more. Register and secure your free tickets today.

20. sjs

Hashimoto have announced a price rise of 8 to 11% across their entire range of transformers from 1st November.

The Model 9 SUT can be supplied with Hashimoto HM-3, HM-X or HM-7 mc step-up transformers, and special deals are available during October to beat the price rise.

Dual primaries can be switched for high/low impedance carts, and the grnd connection on the primary can be isolated for floating the MC coils. The casework is lined with mu metal sheet for screening, and solid core silver hook up wire and WBT silver loaded solder helps to up the foo factor :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More details are available on my blog:
    http://sjselectroacoustics.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/model-9-sut.html