1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Suppliers thread - Where to buy various parts (primarily UK/Europe)

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by sam_cat, Oct 24, 2012.

1. sam_cat

sam_cat ʇɐɔ_ɯɐs

Thanks, Added to the first post.

2. tomek

tomek pfm Member

Where can i buy PTFE isolated silver plated copper cables ?

3. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

4. tomek

tomek pfm Member

5. 337alant

337alant Negatively Biased

6. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk
    German company, stocks some parts not generally available (retail) in the UK.
    They sell Kerafol Keratherm thermal pads and material !!

7. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

http://www.europe-audio.com
    Dutch company, has lots of inductors and caps

www.intertechnik.de
    similar to above, but based in Germany, has ribbon tweeters etc

found mouser.com is good for Hammond products like 5A 10mH DC chokes, also has free del over 50gbp

8. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

9. istari_knight

istari_knight pfm Member

10. istari_knight

istari_knight pfm Member

11. juz400

juz400 pfm Member

12. grazie

grazie pfm Member

13. Robert

Robert Tapehead

Recently tried some foam surrounds from:

http://www.audiofriends.nl/speakerfoam/en/

Notably more supple and compliant than some of the 'one type fits all' alternatives.
    Great for refurbishing AR, this company offer better specific driver/foam matching than most.

Mine also arrived from Netherlands in 48 hours.

14. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

15. toprepairman

toprepairman Trade: HiFi repairs and servicing.

Help please.
    I have seen here somewhere, but cannot find now, what I think was a German company that would provide machined/cut /drilled and even printed ally panels for projects. Any pointers?
    Thanks.

16. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

17. toprepairman

toprepairman Trade: HiFi repairs and servicing.

Thats it, brilliant, many thanks.

18. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

19. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

20. grazie

grazie pfm Member

Was looking around for bolts to fix drivers to some speaker cabinets and realised how much many (if not all) of the hifi suppliers overcharge for these.

Found eBay Shop Boltbase with good prices and free delivery.