1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012 #2

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tw99, Oct 13, 2012.

1. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Are you using talk cable 3 , just got some of this last week , amazingly good for the money and better than most of my more expensive cables !

2. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

I am, well-spotted Peter - and you're right it's great cable. Works very well indeed with old Exposure gear as I found out. No surprise I guess as Kevin Edwards used to work for Exposure in the JF days. Domestically friendly too as it sits flat and straight. And at £4/m there's nothing to dislike. :)

3. djdstone

djdstone pfm Member

Would you ever consider parting with them?

4. ecknertz

ecknertz pfm Member

Very nice sound system!

5. RoDa

RoDa Member

My modest gear

Rega RP3 w/Elys2
    Graham Slee Amp2 Communicator
    Squeezebox Touch
    Rega DAC
    Audionet SAM V2
    Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand Symphony Edition

Regards
    RoDa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

My Naim active system -DBLs, 500s, LP12, 555cd player and DIY Buffalo II DAC-

[​IMG]

7. tomytoons

tomytoons New Member

Gee RoDa that system looks very familiar.
    Nice !

D

8. tomytoons

tomytoons New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A couple of shots.

Pathos Classic One MKII, Rega P5 totally blown out , Marantz SA15S2 Ltd., Monolithic Sound Phono Pre, Usher CP6371,
    Brick Wall Line filter, all WyWires.

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

What's with the monochrome? A room and kit like that desrves techniclour; cinemascope, even. ;)

What part of Suffolk do you inhabit, Tony, and what happened to the pre. (552?)?

10. louballoo

louballoo Banned

Tony, you win.

I am flying over to Suffolk so I can hang out in your man cave, listen to your system and drink your whiskey. Is there a direct flight from Calgary to Suffolk?

Your Pal from the frozen Alberta foothills

Louballoo

11. dudywoxer

dudywoxer pfm Member

is lakenheath still open?

12. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

I'm just outside Stowmarket Mike. 552's fine and benefitting from its recent DR upgrade.

Louballoo, you'd be very welcome! I'm deeply religous though and regard whisky as the drink of demons and corruptors.

(OK, made the last bit up...)

13. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Ah, but he said 'whiskey' (And being from North America, he would). Different kettle of fish. Nice to know you're religious about scotch, though; my faith is in wine. :)

You don't hang about, Tony; 552 DRed already (at great cost and inconvenience); not sure I'll get mine done. We're relative neighbours, my being in Norwich.

My friend has the full Naim amplification monty and is considering the DR treatment, too.

14. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

:eek: Are you hooked up to your own mini substation?

15. deltaunit

deltaunit volume reveals detail

Looks good Gromit, do you know what stands those are? They look like a good fit for the narrow Tablettes.

16. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

For that kit, multiple radial circuits with all the trimmings are de rigeur, i.m.o.

17. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Hi - these are in fact the Target stands designed for the Tablette which is why they fit perfectly. They came in either a 4-pillar version (the R4 I think they were called, which many folk will be familiar with) or this one. When I bough the Tabs first time round I auditioned them on both versions of the stand, and preferred the 2-pillar (they were a fair bit cheaper too!). They're about 2/3 full of a mixture of builder's sand and Atabites and are damn heavy.