1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012

Discussion in 'reference' started by Cereal Killer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

So what ya got t'show this year :)

2. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

October 2011:
    [​IMG]

January 2012:
    [​IMG]

All the best in 2012.

3. koi

koi pfm Member

Very tidy set up a nice way to start 2012 thread

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I've moved the old thread into the reference room.

5. Dinovector

Dinovector pfm Member

Happy new year everybody

Apologies for the shite pic

[​IMG]

6. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

So the first hi-fi news of 2012 is Adam has bought a rug.

7. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

Together with some CDs and LPs :)

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It ties the room together nicely.

9. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

A year of much change..

[​IMG]

10. koi

koi pfm Member

Nice what amp is that?

11. Cereal Killer

Neat system syanosis. I owned almost the same but with WB Arcs. The amp had too much power for them but I imagine the discos work really well with the Lyngdorf kit.

12. vln

vln Hail the sulking behemoths!

Yeah! A fellow Lyngdorf user. But why do you have your TDAI on 'bypass'?

13. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

Just fiddling around. Normally have it on Focus 1 and sit in the sweet spot. And what a sweet spot :)

14. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

We had a chat about this a while back and you told me about your problems with the Arcs but I thought I'd give the Lyngdorf a go with the Discos as I was having such a problem with my room, and I'm pleased to say they are great. Quite different from my Naim pre/power.

15. Budah_1970

Budah_1970 pfm Member

Not much to look at, but 2x 50 pure class A sounds lovely.

[​IMG]

2 x sugden symetra, marantz ki cd player, dpa 200 s pre and proac 1sc on r2 stands.

[ never was much of a ''willy waver'' ] :p

16. Cereal Killer

Cool - glad its worked out :)

17. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

Cheers. And thanks for all your advice, really appreciated.

18. john dolan

john dolan pfm Member

michell gyrodec with orbe platter - phono x + psxr - cdxtse + psxr - dac x + psxr - monoblocked Xpowers both with psxr - biamped with smartpower on tweeters - glasshouse tvc preamp - dab 8 - fm 7.5 ipl kit speakers with rel sub

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Speakers with a tweeter underneath the bass/mid? I must be out of touch with current creations.:)

20. Budah_1970

Budah_1970 pfm Member

john, whats that pre amp ? on the right ...