1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2013 - part II

Discussion in 'reference' started by oldius, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Shane2468

Shane2468 pfm Member

2. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

Over due pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Alco

Alco pfm Member

Yesterday I bought a wider version of the oak cabinet shown in the picture. I now have my TV + DVD/HD-player on that
    [​IMG]

The smaller version now functions as furniture for my humble HiFi system. (only space left for 1 full-sized HiFi component)

[​IMG]

I may put in the newer, wider oak cabinet, for HiFi-duties, when I (finally) take the plunge to get me a TT again.

4. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

Wow, Alco, your room and setup is looking great!

5. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

jirij
    why blur stuff out?

6. Alco

Alco pfm Member

Thanks for the kind words, Art. :)

7. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Alco, that's really good looking arrangement you have there. Best wishes, Rana

8. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

I agree, the room looks really nice.

9. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Very nice Alco, yes the room and furniture is indeed amazing, but the Sonneteer/Penaudio's look extremely nice! What speaker cables are you using there? Glad you got your speaker stands sorted too, look great! Tim

10. Alco

Alco pfm Member

Thanks very much, Rana, Adam and Tim. :) (where's a blushing smilie when ya need one) ;)

@Tim:
    I sold the Mission stands that I bought s/h early last week, 3 days ago.
    Now that the little Rebel's are back on the old Target stands I even prefer the looks again.
    (the more robust coloms of the Target give the small speaker a bit more balls imho) I still do prefer a silver stand to a black one, but that's just a minor preference.

Well, I came across this cable by coincidence actually.
    When I got the Sonneteer amp earlier this year, I was glad to get rid of the stiff, thick Naim Naca5 cable I used for years.

I went to a nearby HiFi-dealer that had some QED Silver Aniversary I wanted to try. According to some reviews I read this cable seem to be just my cup o' tea.

The guy from the HiFi-store offered me to try some of their 'own brand' cable too, predicting that I probably didn't want to return it! (and he was right) :cool:

The cable is very thin and flexible and has the same low price as the QED SA. I must confess I was not expecting much of it. (how looks can be deceptive)
    Its sonic character was similar to the QED SA though, but slightly more transparent and detailed.

The HiFi-store is called 'De Groef', ('The Groove') ( http://webshop.degroefaudio.nl/#!/K...ef_Kabels/prod/457/De_Groef_speakerkabel.html , sorry, only in Dutch)
    I'm using these (dirt cheap) Nakamichi banana plugs on both ends:
    [​IMG]

11. gary yeowell

gary yeowell pfm Member

12. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Thanks for the info. Alco! I got tired of the stiff Naca awhile back ago and find either the Supra Classic 6 or even the old stand-by Linn K20 just works great, especially on my Larsen 4's, which have a very small terminal cup. More flexibility is key here! I have also heard good things about the Nak plugs you are using too.

I think the black Targets look very nice, fits the speaker very well! Tim

13. koi

koi pfm Member

Very nice!

14. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

That's one of the classier looking systems on this thread. I only wish my monstrosities looked so neat and unobtrusive....

15. Alco

Alco pfm Member

I agree with Koi, great looking setup, Gary! :) (probably sounding as good as well)

@JTC:
    Thanx!

16. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

Tony,

You need to step back a little from the E-IIIRs. Camera's too close to capture their proportions. ;)

17. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Nice Alco, very nice. :)

18. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Seen this over on the other side and it looks even better here as this site allows larger pictures to be viewed.

Great work Gary and good to see the Canon is still in use!

:)

19. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

@Alco - lovely room and i like the system. Very nice.

@Gary - Nice shot. Ovators really suit your room.

James

20. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

[​IMG]