1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2016

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Looks great Steve - I still think your Arts are some of the best sounding (and looking) speakers i've heard. Enjoy the new amp.

2. Bluedroog

Bluedroog pfm Member

Which JBLs are those Merlin? Look lovely.

3. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Thanks for the kind comments guys, just can't believe it's been ten years for the speakers too but it might well be another. :)

4. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Agreed, lovely room, Steve - and the amp, a Lavardin! Nice one - it looks great! What appeals to you about its sound?

5. SteveS1

Hi Jon,

It seems to take what I had a step further, effortless sound with such range and without a trace of anything that I find distracting. It seems slightly more detailed (of the uncovered rather than highlighted type) and extended at the low end.

But you know how these things are, innocent civilians would laugh at the kind of diminishing returns we shell out for. The bottom line is long listening sessions and .....just playing another track before turning in syndrome. :)

6. topa

topa Sans CDPs

And what are those speakers Steve?

7. SteveS1

Hi Topa,

Art Emotion Signatures.

8. roach

roach pfm Member

What are the JBLs?

9. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

JBL Synthesis S9900

10. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Nope, K2 (Synthesis)S9800Se.

11. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Actives on my desktop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interface to go between my 2012 Mac Mini (out via USB) and the speakers:

[​IMG]

12. wpm

wpm pfm Member

here is my rig...

Naim CD5XS
    Naim nait 5i-2
    Naim Naca5
    Merlin TSM MMM standmounts
    Technics SL 1210 Mk2 with DL103 cart
    Lehmann Audio SE2 PWX Phono stage
    Semi DiY sealed subwoofer ( Dayton RS series 10 inch driver + Hypex DS4 amp )

Standby ;) - Philips CD750 - old CDP

and lots of music..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. kitemap

kitemap PT1 Xerxes Rock

Your house is wonky

14. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

That's a very nasty crack in the lid of the Technics :(.

15. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Talking Timbuktu-great album...

16. wpm

wpm pfm Member

Hi

... you should see the airport and runways that my 6 year old makes with his lego sets..

his play area is just in front of the rack.. :D

Yes - the setup is to one side as you correctly observe - the right side is fully open..

regards

17. wpm

wpm pfm Member

Hi YNWOAN,

firstly - i could manage to post a pic of my friends rig on the fostex thread ;)

and..

there is a story to that crack on the TT cover ( it was a transit damage on a local flight ) but the TT itself is quite nice. A new lid needs to be ordered.. :)

regards
    wpm

18. wpm

wpm pfm Member

cooky1257 & YNWOAN

good observation !

I have the album on vinyl and CD as well..

regards
    wpm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.