1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2017

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Time for a fresh thread!

2. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

3. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Ta muchly!!! I must read up on how to do it..!

4. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

We moved house three months ago, and bought the oak PMC Twenty.23s last month, used, from Signals. Very happy with things as they are. We've had the CDX, 102, HC and 180 since the late 90s, and hidden on there somewhere is an Avondale headphone amp powered by a homebuilt psu with Teddy SuperRegs in a HC casing.

5. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

A hop out of the 2016 thread.

No changes anticipated this year.

Sansui TU9900
    Weiss DAC 202 / Mac Mini with Amarra and Dirac IRC
    Lavardin IT-15
    Art Emotion Signatures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Naimngame likes this.
  6. SteveS1

7. Mikee

Mikee pfm Member

Hope this works, I've not posted pics before. Sorry if it fails!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2do90ycscyfbw2l/1-DSCN0007.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck91y6k5p40241y/2-DSCN0009.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayk3rq5i1is20tg/3-DSCN0011.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mhhnl4oy1gi3u7/4-DSCN0014.JPG?dl=0

Audio Note TT2, Arm3, IQ3, Audio Note Zero CD transport and 2.1x Signature DAC, Naim Unityqute 2 as streamer and radio source, Audio Note Oto phono Signature, and finally Shahinian Larcs.

If the pics don't appear, made to share on Dropbox, perhaps a kind individual could tell me how to do it correctly, and I'll try again. Happy new year, Mike.

8. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Naimngame likes this.
  9. Mikee

Mikee pfm Member

Well it's not worked and I'm at a loss to know why. Help please.

10. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Under the message window click "Go advanced" and then click the "insert image" icon (looks like a mountain) and then enter/paste the picture URL.

Either that or just wrap your link in

11. SteveS1

There you go Mikee,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

:rolleyes: , what happened to teach a man to fish and all that.

13. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

gromit, where is the Ittok?

14. SteveS1

:D You'd already done that. Purely selfish, I wanted to see Mikee's set up without going into Dropbox.

15. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

You've had the cyrus quite a while. Looks like it is staying for some more time?

Could you please give a personal review of the little QAcoustics? You had a few speakers but these have been favourably commented on since your Scalford show display. What are their strengths/weakness?

What cabling are you using.

Cheers and a happy New Year to you.

16. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

Those Larcs are CUTE :)

17. Mikee

Mikee pfm Member

I've made notes! Thanks to you both. Mike.

18. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

Those Larcs look interesting. How are they with the 10W Oto?

19. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Good question. :)

Firstly, I really liked the Ittok - so full of life, drive, rhythmically extremely articulate/demonstrative and just downright great fun.

The downside is that I wasn't 100% happy with the presence-region 'sting' it tended to tarnish sounds with. Fine on drumkit (rim shots were particularly life-like) but on wind instruments - Tenor Saxophone in particular - it was all a bit too shouty and uncouth. Spoke to Peter at Cymbiosis (who rates the Nima very highly) who was happy to exchange the Ittok and at the same time the Cirkus bearing was fitted.

Got the deck back home and wondered what the hell I'd done! :D Over the next week though, it really settled down with music re-gaining cohesion and whilst not as dynamic as the Ittok on the transient sense, it easily keeps up in letting music breathe naturally. It's also more detailed and a lot kinder to orchestral music, for example.

20. pianoman

pianoman pfm Member

Looks like the great Vlado Perlmuter is waiting to be tried out on it...)