1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2017

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2017.

1. eisenach

eisenach Thüringen

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I have Dropbox and the photos opened fine for me when I clicked the link

3. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

Flickr.com

4. merlin

merlin pfm Member

[​IMG]

No room problems Keith ;)

5. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Was it able?

6. merlin

merlin pfm Member

surprisingly so WB.

murders so tunes though...

7. DRSBest

DRSBest Member

8. demotivated

demotivated pfm Member

9. DRSBest

DRSBest Member

Yes wasn't supposed to be guess work, but hopefully makes it a bit more interesting. That's why I'm a better lurker than poster. You are correct though. It's a pre, a dac and active speakers and well that's about it! Still, sounds pretty good.

10. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

It must be good, the amp goes up to 11!

11. DRSBest

DRSBest Member

But only when the neighbors and wife are out.

12. ansis

ansis pfm Member

merlin, those numbers are way too low.

13. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

A bit like ADAM?

14. merlin

merlin pfm Member

Agree they are for all the systems I've used over the years. The JBL's simply retain everything at such low levels and project it.

Obviously if I want to listen differently they offer the same calm demeanour at 120 db at the listening position. I just don't find I need it. Maybe I'm getting old...

15. spartaco

spartaco pfm Member

Going to replace fitted carpet with parquet floor and the two layers of plasterboard underneath with two layers of Membrane Roll HP made by Artnovion.
    Then I will buy a sofa. At the end I will show you the result.

16. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

What’s the point of the Membrane Roll HP? Do you have people living underneath you?

17. spartaco

spartaco pfm Member

Andy, my room is acoutically isolated. When I listen to music in the morning at 7-8 AM or night 11PM - 2 AM, I do not want to disturb anyone in my house nor outside. I listen at concert level (classical music) so the level reaches with Mahler the 100 dB.

18. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

Mahler at 7am? Really?

19. spartaco

spartaco pfm Member

Yes, the 2nd, 3rd, 5th or 6th, simply great, anytime. Also Shostakovich, Stravinsky and Prokofiev.

20. DrBallMD

DrBallMD Member

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

First post! Apologies for the modern kit!

Clearaudio Concept with the provided MM
    Project Phonobox out of sight (hopefully to be replaced with a Microgroove/similar soonish!)
    Quad Vena
    Triangle Antal Espirit EZ

Cables are basic for now, room is 3.5m/4m ish

Sounds incredible to me!

Somewhat confused no one else mentions Triangle speakers, I'm somewhat in love with these and have been impressed with others in the higher ranges too.