1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 12, 2017.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

From Blair to Dotard they're all at it. If you can't beat them join them. It's all fake news.

2. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

There’s so-far unsubstantiated rumours flying around on Remain-supporting Facebook groups that Theresa May is to call a general election early in the New Year. Take with a large pinch of sodium chloride.

If it did happen I can’t see the Tories surviving this one.

3. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

That's pretty funny.

4. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

5. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

You couldn't make it up. What a shower of shite we're run by.

6. gassor

gassor "There may be more posts after this."

Agreed. Some people on here are getting carried away. The Tory cabinet is a game of Buckeroo and they all know it. Any attempt to remove the PM will throw the whole thing up in the air and then they are all fecked.

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

She can’t call an election.

8. Still

Still gyldengourd

You ungrateful swine! She's doing this, and Brexit, for Britain™.

9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

10. wacko

wacko pfm Member

When was the last time a politician had dignitas ?

11. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

It's such a wonderfully British form of corruption, isn't it? Journalists should hold politicians to account; in the UK, we have a revolving door between the two, and nobody seems to care.

maxflinn likes this.
  12. Still

Still gyldengourd

Let's not forget The Johnson's 2002 article for Daily Telegraph:

"It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies".
    He also wrote of "watermelon smiles".

But May can't sack him for the same reason she had to give him a cabinet role.

13. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Arkless

Where's a new Guy Fawkes when his country needs him... what an opportunity! Of course Rentakill advertise that they will exterminate vermin so maybe if we have a whip round...

14. kendo

kendo gloominati

I have my doubts she could call a cab.

15. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Another nail in the coffin...?

https://www.ft.com/content/5aa111ce-c633-11e7-b2bb-322b2cb39656

I hope Labour make a big pitch to small businesses at the next election. Traditionally, they are not natural Labour voters but it's obvious the Tories have abandoned them to pander to large corporations.

Labour is the only party for the many, not the few.

16. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Paywalled, alas. Any chance of an executive summary?

17. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Did you try the trick of copying the headline and googling it? The first search result usually links directly to the story (odd, I know).

18. Philim

Philim pfm Member

TM is safe at the moment as no one in Tory party wants an election and there isn't really a successor yet and they would probably lose to labour.
    Polls have Tories neck and neck and latest poll puts may ahead of corbyn. Thankfully even with a crap Tory government we haven't completely lost perspective.

19. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I’d have thought Tories would have learnt their lesson about believing polls last time out!

20. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member