1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The interesting eBay auction thread

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Tony L, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It occurred to me that a thread pointing out interesting auctions might be a good idea for a couple of reasons: a) pfm gets paid a little commission for outlinks to eBay, which is nice, and b) it would also provide an option for new pfm members to advertise their eBay listings without contravening our >50 post advertising rule (i.e. there is no scam risk to pfm as no deals are actually occurring here).

A win / win on the face of it, but lets see how it goes. I'll stickie it if it becomes popular, delete it if I've overlooked any potential problems.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I'll kick off the thread with a couple of interesting auctions (I have no connection to either, though if anyone's thinking of what to buy me for Christmas...):

A beautiful complete Thorens TD-124. A pair of original Tannoy R-GRF.

3. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

4. hughjampton

hughjampton pfm Member

Hm. Even less chance of getting an eBay bargain then.

5. smithy

smithy pfm Member

As long as I am not bidding for it myself seems a good idea,the only bits I have successfully bid for have been wrongly described or hard to find.I once got a pair of JBL 2431 compression drivers with horns BIN described as cone treble units.

6. nirvana11

nirvana11 pfm Member

Is it OK to ' blow my own trumpet ' ?
    A Roksan DA1 DAC originally cost £500 new in 1992, listed for £50 no reserve here :
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170939330026?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    A great value USB only DAC, £40 no reserve :
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Firestone...?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item27ccc70879
    Fantastic looking & sounding vintage Sansui amp, 45 notes :
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lovely-vi..._HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item27ccc749e5
    Great sounding pair of Dynaudio speaker stands :
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynaudio-...n_Speaker_Stands_Brackets&hash=item27ccc6ea4f
    - all ending on Sunday evening 18th Nov with no reserve (having a pre-Christmas clearout of goodies)

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, that's absolutely fine - I was just thinking of ways to better monetise pfm in an unobtrusive manner and better integrating eBay into the pfm classifieds room should be a win/win where we all benefit.

PS If the idea takes off I'll consider bolting a new 'eBay auctions' room inside the classified area that isn't bound by the >50 post rule at all. As it is newbies can post on this thread (they have reply capability, just not the ability to start a thread), but if it's a goer I'll implement it a bit more neatly. Let's run with it for a few days and see what it looks like.

8. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

9. Groover

Groover pfm Member

10. misterc6

misterc6 What's he building in there?

11. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

Crackin idea tony!

12. seoirse2002

seoirse2002 pfm Member

:)++1 what a great idea++

13. Pinky

Pinky In suspense, not compressed

Tony

How about providing a link to ebay in your opening post? Better to go through this site than through ones usual browser perhaps? ;)

14. andrewhockley

andrewhockley pfm Member

15. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

16. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

18. rooftop104

rooftop104 Member

i sold a few things in the classified on here a while back, tried to list a naim cd555 and 555 powersupply but need 50 posts....may take a while lol

19. rooftop104

rooftop104 Member

listed the 552/552ps and 500/500ps on ebay and sold them overnight still some good interest in high end...good to see someone still has some cash to spend !

20. mindlagoon

mindlagoon pfm Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.