1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Political Demise of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP 2015-2016

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Jun 30, 2016.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Problem is Dotard, Brexit, etc are not funny any more. Their supporters are not funny any more.
    They are a more serious attack on our health, wealth and happiness than anything Putin could have dreamed of.
    Oh hang on a minute

2. timola

timola pfm Member

I must be in a different universe ... Putin is threatening my health wealth and happiness, sorry I missed that episode, I must have been listening to too much pop music. But I'm learning about your world, its weird to me so far. When did Brexit happen, I must have been away?

3. timola

timola pfm Member

I'd like to hear some aktiv Keltics.

4. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Is that YOUR opinion?

5. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

Then they are no longer LK280..surely? The LK280 is a stereo power amp.

avole likes this.
  6. nicetone

nicetone pfm Member

Misleading impression on the BBC News.

On the BBC Parliament channel I watched Johnson bluster, brazen out, and deflect repeated calls for contrition and an apology for his remarks and ineptitude, relating to the Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe situation. Even Anna Soubury piled into him, albeit without asking him to apologise. Finally, he was worn down by being asked to apologise for ‘the anxiety caused to members of the family‘, which he did.

At 4pm, in the BBC News Channel bulletin, the first and main feature on that news item showed Johnson making that apology, without the context, i.e. as if it hadn‘t had to be ‘wrung’ out of him.

If I hadn’t seen the live questions in the H of C earlier, I’d have formed the impression that he had simply conceded the need to apologise without having been repeatedly pressured in to it.

Not only that, Emily Thornberry’s comments, which included the first of the many calls for the apology, were shown after the apology itself, thus making it look like she had been points scoring, kicking in an open door.

I’m not saying it was intentional, but disappointing nonetheless. Maybe the BBC will rectify this in later bulletins.

7. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Don't hold your breath. Earlier on, Gurnin' Norman Smith couldn't bring himself to say that Priti Patel had lied, merely that she had been economical with the actualite. BBC is getting closer to government broadcaster each day.

8. timola

timola pfm Member

Okay...I agree. They are based on the LK280 design. Actually your even more right as I changed the caps inside for Mundorfs and Elnas....(made very little difference to my ears).

9. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yes, I heard the BBC News headline and was gobsmacked. I watched Johnson's performance for at least half an hour and, in the end, turned off in disgust as he seemed determined to brazen the whole thing out.

10. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

You should prepare yourself for them being krap too.
    PMS professional monitor speakers
    DMS domestic monitor speakers
    WWAUISMS What Was Actually Used In Studios Monitor Speakers like Tannoy, JBL 43 and 44 series, Ureis, Westlakes etc. Not wannabee monitor name droppers.
    These sound really good with one amp, funnily enough.

I'd be amazed if anyone can find a single instance of 'Bariks being used as pro monitors.

11. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Any chance we could keep this one about Boris and not Briks?

12. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

To be fair to the BBC, the later bulletin led with the footage from Boris' evidence to the committee where he clearly stated that she was teaching journalism, then cut to his dissembling in Parliament, which made it very obvious that he was being (at the very least) disingenuous about how his previous remarks were capable of being misinterpreted. They weren't, and he was lying.

Edit: ah, interesting, the apostrophe after Boris reads correctly, where I'd expected to see a glitchy character string as in posts elsewhere.

13. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Yep, fair play to the Beeb on this one.

14. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Good point. I thought it was a problem with the forum migration. This discussion should be diverted to the audio room, or at least "a room" that the rest of us are not trying to discuss BoJo in.

15. wacko

wacko pfm Member

I thought it was brilliant diversionary tactics. Actually made it easier to read !

16. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Well, they do share some characteristics to my mind...but fair enough.

17. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

Mea Culpa! But with mitigation. He was annoying me .....

Carry on !

avole likes this.
  18. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Me too, in fairness!

19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Lame-defining lameness presumably posted while quaffing a glass of Chateau de Lame.

20. Still

Still gyldengourd

Could you provide example(s) of The Johnson's great performance and achievements please?

BS served with wavy stool water gravy.