1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Political Demise of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP 2015-2016

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Jun 30, 2016.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

L
    Do tell.

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

That profile indicated more than faults especially for holding office, I'm beginning to think you are on the troll. He isn't a high achiever or anything like. Even sportsmen and women are held to higher standards, where the term 'role model' is routinely trotted out. Parris is right on the money, this buffoon is a national embarrassment.

3. timola

timola pfm Member

For Boris just scroll up, for me...Should have bought more property 30years ago, my short term memory is failing, I've lied many times to family and friends, I've damaged other peoples property and never reported it. Also when young I shot a magpie with an airrifle....bored yet?

4. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I'm not aware of you being in an immensely important political role dealing with sensitive international issues though, although I guess you could be ...............

timola likes this.
  5. TheDecameron

Not at all, keep going- remembering helps remembering. There must be more to tell!

6. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

And how long has it been since your last confession, my son?

timola likes this.
  7. TheDecameron

The profession of infirmity has a Clara-esque quality does it not?

8. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Newsnight have just described Boris as “the clown prince of British politics”. Reporting on the woman in Iran whose unjust prison sentence he helped extend with his f***witted buffoonery.

9. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

I tried that a few months back when Timola was explaining the benefits of global warming. I don’t think I had much success.

Rich

timola likes this.
  10. gassor

gassor "There may be more posts after this."

This was on HIGNFY as fact as well. Her sentence at this time has not been extended, it maybe, but it has not yet happened. Should it be the case BJ is toast.

11. Still

Still gyldengourd

The Johnson is to politics what Shipman is to G.P. Medicine.

12. timola

timola pfm Member

Yes, I remember that...I didn't get much success either...but the benefits are plain...:)

13. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

FireMoon likes this.
  14. TheDecameron

The Trump-Brexit wrecking ball just keeps swinging, with structures trashed on both sides of the Atlantic. Who's swinging it?

15. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41954436

President Vladimir Putin felt insulted by allegations of Russian interference in the US election, Donald Trump has said after meeting him briefly at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vietnam.

"You can only ask so many times... he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election," the US president said.

Still likes this.
  16. TheDecameron

President Putin, followed up by saying "don't make me put Polonium in your ginseng tea. Also, make sure you don't overfly eastern Ukraine on the way home, dotard".

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Putin may not have meddled in the elections himself, but the smart money would be on him knowing who did, and who told them to.

18. Still

Still gyldengourd

Is it possible The Abuser in Chief has misunderstood Putin's first name, and thinks he's Vulcan?

19. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Johnson looks like a man who doesn't want to be photographed with that pair https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ssia-investigation?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

"Chris Bryant MP, the vice chair of the all-party parliamentary Russia group, said: “It’s all distinctly fishy. Boris Johnson’s relationship with the truth right now seems distinctly casual. We asked him about Russian interference in Brexit in the foreign affairs committee last week and he categorically denied he had seen a shred of evidence. I just thought ‘blimey’. Even as a junior minister in the foreign office, Russian stuff came across my desk every single day.”"

Boris sounds like Trump.

Is he copying his hero?

20. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member