1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 11

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gaius, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

Jeff Flake (sen) quits; giving a damming speech on the Trump WH.

Also Bob Corker (sen) has been very open describing the disaster and his concern of this President.

The wagons may be circling to end this menace.

2. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

If GOP senators quit and alt right candidates fill their vacancies, I'm less sure the remaining senators will have the balls to take any action, if they haven't got them by now.

3. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

The question is - how much better is President Pence ?

Or I would ask those who don't like Theresa May whether they would be happy if she quit and John Redwood became PM?

4. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Pence is a corporate tool and a religious nut, but still I think him unlikely to blow up the world, and would prefer him just for that.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron You're home early...

après moi la tempête de merde

6. Gaius

This is Steve Bannon's objective; and a very scary notion.

7. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

All well and good, but can a madman like Trump be stopped? I have my doubts. Hit him and he hits back harder.

[YOUTUBE]8uVk0KdPLpc[/YOUTUBE]

8. Gaius

Whilst the Trump part 10 has closed and we are on to recent events, I'm going to post the last comment from Jack Barron which I think is salient:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
    They should have listened to Tony Schwartz. He knew. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...iter-tells-all
    Mmm. Interesting article.

I like what Schwartz says about ghostwriting Trump's The Art of The Deal:

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

"If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The potential for nuclear response to twitter content is becoming a surprisingly useful grading scale for US presidents.

PS Right from the get go I saw Trump for exactly what he is (narcissistic sociopath with very little intellect or maturity) but his recent behaviour is surprising even me. I can’t imagine he can last the presidential term.

10. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

He does seem to actually be losing maturity. Who would have thought it possible.

11. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Don,

Yeah, one more year of reverse maturity and he'll be wearing diapers. I just hope Trump shits himself before he screws us.

Joe

12. mykel

mykel Perpetual Hack

Watch him speak 20 or more years ago.
    Not the most eloquent, but at least he could string two coherent sentences together.
    Compare that to today where he can barely get through one, and as far as coherent, not so much.
    At this point he an barely read the teleprompter.
    He is clearly well past the beginning of mental decline

13. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I agree, they're delivering the party to Bannon and Trump on a silver platter.

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Decent man that Jeff Flake. But unfortunate name as 'we' needed him to stay and fight against dotard.

15. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

16. tones

tones Tones deaf

Vaguely along those lines, an interesting column from the NYT's David Brooks:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/26/...lick&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

The unpalatable fact is that Trump has won - he and Bannon are now the Republican Party, which, although it is in denial, has, like Esau in the Biblical account, sold its birthright for a bowl of soup (or tax cuts in its case). It is, in effect, an abject surrender, a complete abrogation of its principles. Abe Lincoln would almost certainly be tossed out of this party.

Perhaps time for a third party? After all, the Republicans replaced the Whigs in US politics. Time for something to replace the Republicans?

17. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

This is needed, but the Republicans are just smart enough, just, to not do this. Splitting the GOP would hand the House and Senate to Democratic majorities.

Instead, as with Corker and Flake, one by one the (relatively) sensible GOP members will erode away and cede the party to the loonies.

18. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

19. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

20. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Russiagate has been settled.

Move along. Nothing to see.

"It is now commonly agreed, after many months of COSTLY looking, that there was NO collusion between Russia and Trump. Was collusion with HC!" https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923905540291522560

I cannot recall Trump ever knowingly have lied so that clears things up.