1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 11

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gaius, Oct 24, 2017.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Fair chance a bigot masquerading as a religious nutter will lose the Alabama Senate election. Another nutter (Alabama State Auditor) has excused Roy Moore's proclivity for teenage girls by stating Mary was also a lot younger than Joseph !

2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

does amercia still have any right to condemn other nations over its political practices or cultural backwardness?

vuk.

3. kendo

kendo gloominati

...but who defines trolling and time wasting? (*) I can see this ending up in the ECJ!

(*) feel free to use this post as a blueprint for both.

Still likes this.
  4. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

There is no such thing as an 'America' that does or doesn't have a 'right' to condemn or anything else. People are moral actors; collective nouns are not.

5. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i am talking about the "america" used by all the people on the legacy news, including the retired generals and this-or-that institute brought on as guests, who discuss all of it politely and manipulatively (or perhaps, just naively). i am all for the regular american people, especially those who don;t believe in god or corporatism.

vuk.

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

respected senior members, like joe hutch.

vuk.

7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Why so proscriptive? Is satnav based discourse not protected by free speech? We fought two world wars to protect it.

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you talkin' to me?

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Sorry, Hutch. Just what has he got against the motorist I ask myself?

10. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

11. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

We are irony-impaired, remember?

12. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Kremlin buries Drumpf in their official statement denying election interference was even discussed during the meeting.

13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

not following your logic at all here.

14. Still

Still gyldengourd

I am reliably informed sometimes a lil' fish can get to the point where they have nothing useful to discuss with an other lil' fish.
    fwiw they almost certainly still love each other, but these things can get complicated.

15. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

16. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

say what you will about putin. at least he's a leader, unlike donald trump.

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Agree with Joe regarding ignore function. It is for folk who want to live in echo chambers and like to brag about the fact!

PS I still can’t for the life of me grap how the billionaire from birth tax-dodging property “tycoon” come media celebrity Trump could be viewed by anyone as ‘anti-establishment’. The only person on the planet more ‘establishment’ than that is Prince Charles!

18. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Nothing particularly, but the most boring bloke I've ever known was prone to explaining/describing his journey in mind-numbing detail. Of course, some people might have found his narratives fascinating and would have found my wafflings about literature to be as dull as ditchwater.

That's the whole point, really. Some people are boring/annoying/infuriating to others, but there's no algorithm by which this can be predicted; it's all entirely individual and subjective. In such cases, said others can ignore the boring/annoying/infuriating people on pfm as they would in real life. It's a pragmatic way of deciding how best to use one's limited time on this planet.

vuk likes this.
  19. avole

avole pfm Member

I'm not totally convinced by that. An algorithm could compare names of users and subjects, then give a weighting according to that users number of posts. If a subject proved > 50%, that info could be sent to the mods for investigation. It could also give weightings according to replies and so forth.

A truly intelligent algorithm would advise going to the pub.

20. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

So off topic!

Roy Moore is going to be a massive problem for the Republican Party, tax reform on the table and all those issues, of course Bannon seems to be supporting Moore.

This Party has lost its way; biggly.