1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Part 11

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gaius, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Most Trump supporters don't even know what a US passport looks like, so traveling Americans are highly likely to be Democrats

Arkless Electronics and tuga like this.
  2. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

I almost hate to post this as I have experienced Max's intransigence in the past in the audio area - he was more interested in operating on a belief system in what he was told rather than curious enough to investigate it himself. It seems to me that his only fault in all of this is his inability to realise that he has been duped by a conman. He ascertained, like many early Trump supporters, that Clinton, Obama & the 'elites' they represent had shafted the 'ordinary people' ('deplorables') for long enough. The big flaw in all of this is thinking that Trump was the one to overturn this whole setup. I can understand an emotional connection to Trump by those affected by this - he represented a roll of the dice - a gamble - two fingers to the elite, etc.

But Max isn't one of these - he's remote from this affecting his life on a daily basis. I'm not sure he still supports Trump as the only ones who seem to be so afflicted are evangelical christians who think Trump is being directed by God & those who don't really care about the consequences as their overriding emotion is to give the two fingers to the 'elites' (it's not even the 1% elites that the GOP represent - these are OK billionaires - it's the sub-prime millionaires that the Democrates represent)

So, to me, Max is simply inflexible in changing his support based on the reality that Trump has infested the swamp with conmen, shisters, bankers, snake-oil salesmen, wannabes, fraudsters - you name it, he has been a magnet for all of them as they have been part of his crime syndicate for many years.

3. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

is it also not like imposing sanctions on the russian people? putin is not going change a policy because of sanctions -- in fact, he'll probably do more of what your sanctioning for instead. we all know that. we know the punishment will cascade down to the people and hurt the poor. even i wanted to play devil's advocate, i don't see how i could do it and maintain any honour or logical coherence.

4. maxflinn

maxflinn When I was your age I was fighting in the war.

John, I hadn't realised it was you!

Are you still pissed because I once informed you that an iPhone was as good as your £500 DAC? :D

5. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

Max, all I'm doing is pointing out that is a shame that you don't allow reality encroach on your beliefs. We are not that far apart in this discussion as on previous discussions but you have them same blinkers on now as you had then.

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

max.

can you please get right with C.A.?

7. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Indeed. Sanctions and boycotts are marginally less useful than shouting abuse at random strangers.

8. maxflinn

maxflinn When I was your age I was fighting in the war.

If anyone is interested this is a very good discussion about Trump's move to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

There's a Zionist puppet on there trying to put forward Trump/Israel's case:

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

You backed Trump!

vuk and maxflinn like this.
  10. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

David Icke has decided that the Tango Tweeto is owned by Israel. :):):)

11. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

firemoon.

do you have any insight into the israeli collusion we have just witnessed?

you've gone on quite a bit about russia. what about this?

maxflinn likes this.
  12. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Vuk..Just looks to me as if Trump is now merely playing to his ever diminishing band of support. The batshit mentalist evangelicals are about all he has left, just a shame there's so many of them in the USA.

13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i don't understand. the pro-israel band are certainly not evangelicals.

14. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

VUK; the nutter evangelicals believe the Tango Tweeto is fulfilling the "end times prophecy" and that his recognition of Jerusalem is all part of it.

15. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

OK, i get that, but what about the other issue of how interference by a foreign power is basically an act of war against the USA. isn't it reasonable to view this as a sort of prize for the israeli government? the one that colluded via kushner. what else don't we know? should there be a special investigation?

16. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

17. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Firemoon, exactly. There's a reason Pence looked so beatific as Trump signed that paper.

The Israel revelations are hardly a surprise but they don't diminish the extent of (what we know of) the Russia connections.

Trump and his team are corrupt on many fronts and many levels.

The question is what will Mueller try to nail him on - and what will the Republicans do about it?

18. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

so i wasn't just seeing things ;-)

who is saying that anything is diminished? i simply have zero-tolerancy for hypocrisy. if we are going to make a fuss about foreign meddling, then let's go -- i'm all in. if you single out just one of the 3 big actors, then it's a sham. you know that.

19. avole

avole He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

remember israel is an ally of the usa. russia is definitely not, so the situation is not parallel. why, here in europe (head east across the big lake and you'll find it) the usa infiltrates everything. it has airbases through europe, ships dock here all the time, tv is either american or copies, and it even infiltrates cuisine, with its alien hamburgers and kentucky fried poulet, yet we welcome them as close allies. at least, governments do.

20. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i don't buy into authoritarian narratives like that. israel is an ally of the elite, not the american people. israel is an ally of canada, as well, yet leftists consider it an adversary of the people, one that often props up the what you call the alt-right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.