1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming concerts...

Discussion in 'music' started by guey, Oct 2, 2012.

1. The Stone Foundation - Islington Assembly Halls in May.

Cheers BB

2. icksilver

icksilver Registered Bodger

Got a whole weekend of music as it's the annual Broadstairs Blues Bash on the 17th, 18th and 19th February. Loads of music over the weekend covering the whole range of blues.
    Should be a great weekend!

3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Camille O'Sullivan, John Bramwell, Manc Floyd all in April.

4. GJO

GJO pfm Member

Only the one so far this year,Kraftwerk in Brighton in June.

5. Central Audio

Central Audio Trade Central Audio

Peter Grimes in Norway and Billy Budd at Aldeburgh.

6. guey

guey pfm Member

Got tickets for the whole weekend of Alfresco festival in Tunbridge Wells (of all places), late May bank Holiday weekend. Went for a day last year, and really rated it, so have bagged tickets for the whole weekend this time.
    It's also 'im indoors *cough* 50th *cough*, so we'll deffo be in party mode.

7. TOFFEEMAN1878

TOFFEEMAN1878 Chosen Not Manufactured

Arcade Fire 13th of June in Belfast Ormeau Park

8. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

Great as it will be, think of this as an art event rather than a gig and you'll not be disappointed.

9. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

Yes that does look good. Being of a similar vintage, I'm also thinks there's interesting acts- not just yer boring dad house. I'll put some feelers out.

The festival name reminds me of the viz joke about grabbing a sarnie and a drink from a supermarket and eating it outside - al Tesco.

10. fama

fama pfm Member

New UK tour
    [​IMG]
    George Clinton amazing live.

11. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

Neil Cowley Trio in Birmingham in march

12. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

just got tickets for Nick Cave and the bad seeds Nottingham ice arena in September, carn't wait,

13. Daisy

Daisy Member

Drive by Truckers in Manchester next Wednesday

14. amigaone

amigaone Active Member

Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman - Birmingham 13th March

15. icksilver

icksilver Registered Bodger

Steve Rodgers at the Wrotham Arms in Broadstairs on Sunday.

16. guey

guey pfm Member

Shriekback, Shepherds Bush Empire, Saturday, 3rd June.
    First gigs in about 25 years (apparently Glasgow and Manchester to follow)

eta -
    Manchester O2 Ritz, 31st May
    Glasgow O2 ABC, 1st June

17. nickpeacock

nickpeacock pfm Member

Next up for me is Belle & Sebastian in Chelsea - shoudl be amazing...

18. guey

guey pfm Member

Now with The Woodentops as support

19. guey

guey pfm Member

The Psychedelic Furs, Kentish Town Forum, September.
    The first time I've seen them since Glastonbury 86.

20. guey

guey pfm Member