1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Very distressed 301

Discussion in 'classic' started by pqpq, Oct 30, 2017.

1. pqpq

pqpq pfm Member

Scroll down for a pic of a very distressed Garrard 301 in an abandoned Brum cinema.

2. snowman_al

snowman_al pfm Member

Sad,
    but how about a couple of the horn loaded speakers, 2 pictures down, for the home cinema room?

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Those horns could be something very special, shame they’ll be ruined.

4. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

Shame, I went there a number of times when I was a lad.

More pics including close-ups of the 301 here

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

What’s the bet we see that 301 on eBay after someone pops back to ‘liberate’ it?

6. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Beneath all of the dust, it's probably not as bad as it looks.

7. pqpq

pqpq pfm Member

That platter would take some buffing up!

8. MJS

MJS Trade: Witch Hat Audio

Re: Arc extractors. Arc projection lamps, arc DC rectifiers or both?

9. madmike

madmike pfm Member

That's the arm off a 4HF

10. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Those look like Altec A1 or A2 horns.

11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

One previous owner. Ultra rare. Ideal for DIY project.

12. audio grail

audio grail pfm Member

The piece was written in 2014.

13. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

But the 28 Days Later piece (linked in post #4 above) was written four years earlier... if the photos in the two pieces were not taken at the same time the 301 wasn’t liberated in the period between so perhaps it’s still there. However, I suspect all the photos came from the same source and were taken in 2010.