1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #16?

Discussion in 'music' started by AlexG, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexG

AlexG ...

Freeland - Now and them

Really good, a couple of years old. I think Andy C! would like it.

2. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

Tom Robinson - Blond and Blue + Atmospherics (From War Baby CD)
    Oldie, but goodie.....

3. Fretless Eric

Fretless Eric Musketeer Bathos

Radiohead. The Bends - yet again - brilliant!!

4. ralphj

ralphj pfm Member

Rock n Roll isnt yet dead, yet!
    Listen to this frequently at loud volume.
    Gets better every time.
    The Vinyl is a waste due to recording process, always CD for this album.
    Can't wait to get new one.
    Thanks
    John

5. Fretless Eric

Fretless Eric Musketeer Bathos

Arzachel CD arrived this morning.

Surprisingly accessible and conventional for, what is essentially, early Egg - but with loads of Steve Hillage playing bluesy.

Nice addition to my Canterbury stuff.

6. hammeredklavier

hammeredklavier owner of two very cheap hi-fis

Parsifal, Karajan. Wow!

7. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Exile on Main Street: The Rolling Stones

8. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Brigitte Fontaine & the Art Ensemble of Chicago - Comme a la Radio

I think this may have replaced 'Histoire de Melodie Nelson' as my favourite French Language record. For info: The AEC are rather like Sun Ra with a dose of funk. Great live, too.

9. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

10. joel

joel mojo working

That is a great album. Even better, though, are two tracks recorded by Alfred Panou with AOC for Saravah: "Je suis un sauvage" and "le moral necessaire". French proto-rap and scary good. Well worth tracking down.
    Gainsbarre is grossly overrated IMHO.

11. Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
    Madeline Peyroux - Careless Love
    Archie Shepp - Four for Trane

all purchased at Virgin Megastore last night whilst waiting for the Son and his Girlfriend to return from seeing Lacuna Coil...Goth'mongous!

Paul

12. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Martin Stephenson - Beyond The Leap Beyond The Law (cassette). Stuck this on to test out the tape input of my new amp and spent the next hour completely engrossed. Probably his finest work - up there with anyone you care to mention.

Cheers

Rich

13. Stevie A

Stevie A pfm Member

Harry Manx-Wise and otherwise---great album (Thanks Les!)

Next

Keb MO- Just like You

14. joel

joel mojo working

This

[​IMG]

Turned up in the letterbox this morning, and very good it is too. While not really a search for the origin of the blues, it is a very nice double sampler of West African acoustic music from the early 70s. The cover is totally fab, which doesn't hurt.

Also been listening to some fine examples of Korean avantguarde music today ;)

[​IMG]

Sounds that go <<<plinque>>> in the night.

15. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Dolittle: Pixies

16. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Wes Montgomery - Bumpin'

17. dan m

dan m pfm Member

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave

Why do I feel like I'm sudenly in an elevator?

18. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

Cecil Taylor: Nailed and Alms / Tiergarten (Spree)

19. dan m

dan m pfm Member

Nancy Sinatra - "Boots"

They don't write liner notes like these anymore:

Nancy Sinatra
    Sings the Facts of Love
    THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING
    And Other Lessons of Love
    "How should I sing this?"
    "Like a 16 year old girl who's been dating a 40 year old man,
    but it's all over now."

20. joel

joel mojo working

Tiers Monde Cooperation - Nouvelle Formule featuring Sam Mangwana From 1983 so already well into the anti-choc era, but a great defiantly brassy blast from the irrepressible Sam Mangwana.

Curtis Amy - Way Down Curtis Amy is a seriously underrated tenor sax player IMHO. Another great album on Pacific Jazz (courtesy of Toshiba-EMI)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.