1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 32

Discussion in 'music' started by TheDecameron, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Led Zeppelin III.

2. bazza

bazza pfm Member

Bon Iver-Bon Iver

Helplessness Blues-Fleet Foxes

3. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

Patricia Kaas - Mademoiselle Chante [LP]

4. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Squeeze - Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti

5. AdamWysokinski

The Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery & Imagination

6. TheDecameron

Beethoven Symohony no. III, I'm on a three thing this weekend.

7. TheDecameron

Moon Safari

8. AdamWysokinski

The Cure - Standing On A Beach [LP]

"The Love Cats".. and again.. and again.. and again :)

9. John

John pfm Member

Jutta Hipp with Zoot Sims, Blue Note 1530

10. AdamWysokinski

Marc Almond & Foetus - Flesh Volcano / Slut
    Excellent!

11. guey

guey pfm Member

12. oceanobsession

oceanobsession pfm Member

[YOUTUBE]gwbKXdVErbA[/YOUTUBE]

13. Still

Still gyldengourd

The Brian Jacket Letdown - Darling Bit Me

[YOUTUBE]KWvBTzj52H0[/YOUTUBE]

14. dan m

dan m pfm Member

Guey,

Sorry I missed your show, just tuning in now. So how does this work with djs from all over the world? The transition from Vancouver to Bristol was a bit abrupt to say the least!

Dan

15. dss

dss Musical Bons

OTD Marcel Fengler - Thwack (Mike Parker remix) is it DS

16. dan m

dan m pfm Member

Tycho - Dive

Sort of an upbeat Boards of Canada.

17. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Crumpets. I can hear crumpets.

Now:

The Durutti Column - The Guitar and Other Machines

Next:

Robyn Hitchcock - I Often Dream of Trains

18. mr.datsun

mr.datsun pfm Member

I had to listen to Chad and Jeremy's Of Cabbages and Kings last week. After three attempts I finally got through to side two and listened to it all the way to the end. I was so scarred by the experience that I had to find copies of Lou Reed's late 70s works, Street Hassle and The Bells and listen to those for the last few days.

I've always avoided Lou Reed after my favourites MMM and Coney Island Baby. But I thought I'd try those two and see if there was really a reason why. Each has a few moments but I then remembered that they stood for the start of his era of self-hate and general mean-spirited arsiness. Still, of the two, the jazzy inflected The Bells is the one I can listen to the most. Seems a bit more relaxed, playful and, dare i say, warm. But I think those 10 minute musical-literary pieces could have even given Genesis a run for their money!

Anyway even bad Lou Reed is deffo a cure for the truly excruciatingly posh Chad and Jeremy. I haven't heard anything so completely mis-judged as their Progress Suite, since I first heard Tim Hodgkinson's Living In The Heart of the Beast on the Cow's third prog-rock album In Praise of Learning!

19. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Keith Jarrett: The Köln Concert

20. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Van Morrison: Tore Down a la Rimbaud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.