1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 35

Discussion in 'music' started by Phage, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

Tanais Fox é-õs

:)

2. mr.datsun

mr.datsun pfm Member

I guess I'm getting excited by the two forthcoming Velvet Underground releases, so I'm listening to various versions of VU & Nico and White Light White Heat. Micro listening to all the various masters and mixes that I already possess (or own!)

3. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle (Spotify). Lead single from The Tempest. Lovely stuff.

4. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

What are they?

5. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

[YOUTUBE]nrtKsKFZykw[/YOUTUBE]

6. Bradders

Bradders The Pork Chop Express

The Kinks - Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround Part One.

7. Anex

Anex Señor Member

[youtube]O6ZNcIJmn5I[/youtube]

Gods damn, this is the best mix of anything, ever.

8. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

Stephen Mallinder, Pow Wow. His solo mini-LP from the early 80s, which I haven't listened to for at least 25 years. Not bad in retrospect, still at the point when Cabaret Voltaire members were capable of doing interesting things.

[youtube]1dKeCx0pUtg[/youtube]

9. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Sly & The Family Stone: Family Affair

10. mr.datsun

mr.datsun pfm Member

The Sundazed re-issue mono 5 LP disc collectors boxset. LPs 1-3 in freshly mastered mono from original tapes, the 4th 'lost' LP (the 80's mixes remastered) and a mono Chelsea Girls.

Arguably the mono VU&N is the better mix. They're also saying the same about Chelsea Girls. And you know how fans are about mono – even the originally stereo 3rd Lp has been folded down and worked-over as a new mono version of the 'closet mix'.

Then, The Velvet Underground & Nico 'Super Deluxe' six CD disc set (on UMG ) with remastered stereo and mono (hopefully better than the 2002 versions which most people disliked), alternate versions of many of those songs, the famous acetate with some tracks now mastered from original tapes(!), the previously bootlegged Live at The Valleydale Ballroom 1966 gig that spans two discs (hopefully better quality), the 1966 Warhol Factory rehearsals. (EDIT: Oh, and more bloody Nico crooning with another Chelsea Girls CD - I guess mono again ).

http://olivier.landemaine.free.fr/vu/discog/cds/cdboxsets/cdboxsets.html#box6

11. pickwickpapers

pickwickpapers less than that, actually

alan jones sextet - unsafe

soft machine - seven (which I like a lot although I suspect it's viewed as tired, end of the line stuff)

12. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

13. guey

guey pfm Member

Shriekback - The Infinite, an ebay bargain that turned up today (which has saved me having to digitise a couple of 12"s)

14. rjstaines

rjstaines pfm Member

15. Mark Pope

Mark Pope Senior Moment

Ravel - Bolero: Andre Previn/LSO.

16. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Regis / Death Head Said.

Bangin'.

17. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

Eric Dolphy & Booker Little Live at the Five Spot, with one of my favourite ever hard bop tracks.

[youtube]BxQs-Zhuslc[/youtube]

18. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

My Bloody Valentine

Bloody fantastic!

19. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

Loveless?

Grace Jones - Island Life

Destroyer - Kaputt (said it before, but more people need to hear this fantastic album)

20. 73Chaz

73Chaz pfm Member

Kieth Jarrett - Kohl Concert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.