1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 35

Discussion in 'music' started by Phage, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOTUS HIFI

LOTUS HIFI LOTUS Hifi

2. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

[YOUTUBE]LVS8L3ifFZY[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]aXKEKg2PJBY[/YOUTUBE]

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron You're home early...

Proms on R3, BBC Concert Orchestra doing 'Desert Island Discs'
    Despite the title, it's very enjoyable. Wayne Marshall cranking up the Albert Hall Organ now....

4. guey

guey pfm Member

Cracking album; but my favourite by him/them is the Scum EP.

5. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

Yuichiro fujimoto

http://open.spotify.com/artist/2P0IReI87eMGenUXZjnnAP

Mostly from "speaks melodies" but I'm wafting through his back catalogue

Been following this artist for a few years, delightfully simple but dig deep and it's not, is really really intensely sparse.

6. TOFFEEMAN1878

TOFFEEMAN1878 Chosen Not Manufactured

[YOUTUBE]DVhaCnY7o2Y[/YOUTUBE]

7. guey

guey pfm Member

Moritz Von Oswald Trio - Vertical Ascent

8. conread

conread pfm Member

Wall of Voodoo - ring of fire

[YOUTUBE]QEak9MG0Gns[/YOUTUBE]

9. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Almost snap

Moritz Von Oswald Trio / Live in New York

10. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Is that the new one? Is it any good? I've found the others... lacking.

11. johnfromnorwich

It's not new and it's not bad if you're in the mood. Better than Vertical Ascent I think, but still less than essential.

12. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Maybe I already have it then - I've got the rocket, the crayon and the bone ones. I find them OK in parts but generally a bit directionless, although I do appreciate the concept.
    Which is how I've found the bits of Pan Sonic I've heard - I like the idea but not the execution.

13. johnfromnorwich

It's got a multicoloured tube of some sort on the the cover. Mine smells really bad too - like that 1970s purple photocopy ink. Which Pansonic have you got? 'Aaltopiri' sort of drifts by but I think 'Gravitoni' is immense. 'Pan Finale' in particular.

14. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I have one with valves on the cover - not at home so I can't check the title. I also have one with Keiji Haino which I quite like but mainly for Keiji Haino as it's really Pan Sonic providing a backdrop for him to perform over.

15. mr.datsun

mr.datsun pfm Member

Anex, imo, the one good Pan Sonic album is the first Vakio and also the first 12" single on Sähkö. Of course, they were call Panasonic back then. They said everything in those two records and they said it well. It was a shock to the system. It wasn't techno it was something unique and afterwards they lost focus. Maybe it was due to the fact there was nowhere to go after that first pure electronics art statement. They started sounding normal and predictable – more like a techno beats and electronica – as they tried to expand their idea.

Vakio is definitely worth checking out. I have the classical record box set of 4 x 10". There is also a double 12" and CD of the album. Recommended.

16. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

I saw them live when they were still called Panasonic, supporting Suicide. I thought they were pretty good, but then Suicide came on and blew them out of the water, frankly, so I forgot about them.

17. soileduk

soileduk pfm Member

18. Anex

Anex Señor Member

OK thanks, I'll give those a go.

19. Still

Still gyldengourd

20. Mark Pope

Mark Pope Senior Moment

Albinoni - Oboe concerto in C major.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.