1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 36

Discussion in 'music' started by madscientist, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Colledge

Bill Colledge pfm Member

Coltranes Reverend King same as I did 4 years ago.

2. HiFi Lounge

HiFi Lounge Trade: HiFi Lounge

Having a Sigur Ros evening tonight, so far listened to -

'Agaetis Byrjun' it's been ages since I listened to this album, still their best in my opinion, followed by 'Takk' and 'Meo suo i eyrum vio spilum endalaust' Don't ask me what that means though :)

3. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues

4. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Kenny Dorhan - Afro-Cuban

5. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos (24/88.2)

6. Yomanze

Yomanze pfm Member

The Cure - Live in Paris.

Stunning.

7. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly - just got back from Reykjavik and the music scene there is really something at the moment. Probably needs a separate thread when I have the time.

8. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Rrose - Resident Advisor mix, which I somehow missed over the summer. Holy crap, a techno mix with an Ana-Maria Avram piece in it. That's bad ass, right there.

9. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Bill Evans / Explorations. Slowly wading my way through the Riverside box set.

10. Jackytwoshoes

Jackytwoshoes pfm Member

Like jangly guitar pop?

"Real Estate: Days" is a great sounding album.

11. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Horace Silver with Art Blakey - Subu. Sounding wonderful after sixty years.

12. John R Leddy

John R Leddy pfm Member

13. Stevie A

Stevie A pfm Member

Art pepper,Azymuth,Chamber jazz sextett,Jazz at the pawnshop.

14. Mark Pope

Mark Pope Senior Moment

Elbow - Dead In The Boot

15. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Marta Gomez - Entre cada palabra

16. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Trilok Gurtu - 21 Spices

17. Stevie A

Stevie A pfm Member

Richard Hawley,Kate Bush,Donny Hathaway,Stevie Wonder,Matt Monro.

18. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

Hot Club of San Francisco - Yerba Buena Bounce

19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Wotan, your presence is timely for I'm listening to a live broadcast of Tristan und Isolde on Radio 3.

20. Wotan

Wotan pfm Member

;) Happy listening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.