1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 39

Discussion in 'music' started by johnfromnorwich, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinB

GavinB pfm Member

Aye! - Martin Bennett

2. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

Domenico Scarlatti - Piano Sonatas - Szokolay

3. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Decemberists

4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Sonny Boy Williamson, another blues singer ripped off by Led Zep

5. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis neither hairy nor a haggis!

kelly joe phelps - tap the red cane whirlwind

6. guey

guey pfm Member

Fujiya & Miyagi - Different Blades from the Same Pair of Scissors

7. Michael J

Michael J CDP3000 1Hz-20kHz ±0.5dB

Memories of Steam - A Collection of Steam Locomotive Stereophonic Recordings. (Hallmark HMA239)

8. dss

dss Musical Bons

OTTD - Ultimate Bounce - Tonight (Donk mix) is it DS

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Four Anthony Braxton albums in a row. He's actually not as terrifying as I thought.

10. Wil_Wheaton

Wil_Wheaton pfm Member

Telegraph Road Live (Alchemy) - just getting to the bit were Knops is mildly annoyed about something.

11. guey

guey pfm Member

2 Phat Cnuts - Ride (Sasha & BT's breakbeat groover), as I try to shoehorn the vocal from Azealia Bank's rather rude 212* over the top of it (works quite well actually)

*which for some reason has been this week's earworm.

12. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Miles / Live in Tokyo. I wish Miles had held onto Sam Rivers for a bit longer. I suppose there must be bootlegs of other shows but a studio date would have been nice.

13. dss

dss Musical Bons

I enjoy 2 Phat ***** as well is it. We could have done with a bit more like that and a bit less of the Lite-trance they went into there.

For me

OTTD - Orbital - Chime Remix 1

DS

14. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Average White Band:AWB-Work To Do

Vinyl repress, I've a first press that has been played to death, bought this repress last week, sounds great.

15. bossjw

bossjw pfm Member

The Magnificent Thad Jones

Never was an album better named!

16. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Wow. That's practically Classic Rock. Relatively.

17. dss

dss Musical Bons

2 Phat ***** now Classic Rock is it?

Well. it is not really like Yes, Genesis, ELP, Zep and all that there.

DS

18. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

Jim Reeves. Big old 3 CD compilation.
    I find myself revisiting old Jim's music every so often. He was a huge favourite of my Dad's but I used to just see him as twee and old fashioned.

Well, much of his stuff is as corny as hell, but that's hardly unusual in country music.

On the positive side, he had a terrific, effortless way with a song which never seemed to strain his sonorous voice. And he did it all without getting into the suspect vocal gymnastics so prevalent in 'country'.

The old classics. 'Four Walls', 'Guilty' etc., have stood the test of time well.

Add to this impeccable production values, the honky plonky sound of Floyd Cramer's piano etc., and you have some very good music. Credit where it's due.

Mull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.