1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 41

Discussion in 'music' started by gct, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogal

Doogal pfm Member

Tom Waits - Closing Time

2. sadcafe

sadcafe pfm Member

Pulled up my playlist that combines Lou Reed, Ian Hunter and Bowie across the decades. A singular point of reference in Mick Ronson but the departure points post 1974 work well on shuffle. 41 Ian hunter tracks, 36 Bowie and 32 Lou Reed. Guess Hunter wins surprisingly but all great stuff.

3. palasr

palasr >>>...

Gary Numan - Splinter: Songs From a Broken Mind (double LP). Color me impressed.

4. paullewis323

paullewis323 Active Member

Ray Lamontagne -

5. brad666

brad666 pfm Member

Boy & Bear - Harlequin Dream

6. Doogal

Doogal pfm Member

Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue' - 2013 remaster, 24bit/192kHz. Sounding Great!

7. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

8. darkstarcrashes

darkstarcrashes Active Member

Grateful Dead 'Dave's Pick vol 8 - Fox Theater Atlanta GA 11/30/1980' Just picked it up having had to shell out an extra £11 in customs and handling charges because it nudged over the £15 threshold. Grrr.

9. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Perpetuum Mobile by Mariani

Featuring Eric Johnson on guitar.

Released in 1970.

Recorded when Eric was 15.

Astonishing.

10. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Am enjoying this ATM, especially first track, ta.

11. billo

billo pfm Member

The re mastered "Aja" by Steely Dan
    Next up is "The Royal Scam" both came through the letter box this day, though I can still remember vividly bringing home the original vinyl of "scam" all those years ago when it was first released

12. HiFi Lounge

HiFi Lounge Trade: HiFi Lounge

Nitin Sawhney - One-Zero Vinyl Boxset

It wasn't cheap but it is definitely one of the best vinyl purchases I have ever made, it was recorded at Metropolis using PMC and Bryston and cut straight to vinyl, first time since 1973 or something, sounds sublime :)

13. Doogal

Doogal pfm Member

Joni Mitchell - 'Hejira' 24bit/192kHz remaster. Probably my favourite Joni Album.

14. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Any good? I have it on order.

Chris

15. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Ta.

Neil Young - Prairie Wind (Spotify)
    Nigel Shaw - The River.

16. darkstarcrashes

For 1980s Dead it's not bad at all, stand out tracks for me are Feel Like A Stranger, Scarlet>Fire, and Playing>Drums>Space>etc.

Have to say my preferred era is 68 to 74 and I only got this as part of the 2013 annual subscription to the DP series.

Enjoy!

17. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

I like the '65-67 stuff as well. I still maintain that the version of "I know You Rider" on Vintage Dead (recorded 1966) is the killer version.

Just as an aside, I really didn't realise just how much Dead I had accrued over the years until I ripped them all to flac & shoved them on my NAS. 512 CDs!!!

Ace moniker, BTW.

I think I'll change mine to either Stagger Lee or Cosmic Charlie.:)

Chris

Chris

18. darkstarcrashes

Or Mexicali? Not such a stretch from Mescalito :)

I was planning to use Aoxomoxoa but that's already taken :(

19. merlin

merlin pfm Member

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi.

The DVD-A rip with the additional tracks.

Bizarrely wonderful. By far the best I have ever heard this and also the most enjoyable.

20. Andy A

Andy A pfm Member

Ry Cooder "Pull up some dust and sit down"

Only got his recent stuff so need to delve into his back catlogue this ones quite political.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.