1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now # 46

Discussion in 'music' started by uncl_nigel, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

June Weaver - Silver Globe

I bought this one following the End of Year Lists thread

2. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis neither hairy nor a haggis!

Janine jansen - four seasons...looking at it too :)

3. soileduk

soileduk pfm Member

Bruno Maderna.
    Biogramma
    NDR Sinfonieorchester Hamburg.
    Giuseppe Sinopoli

4. highcut28

highcut28 pfm Member

Elton John - Blue Moves LP - not heard since about 1977 !

5. ampman

ampman pfm Member

Yello - Flag. With a coffee and a hangover. Sounds amazing.

6. varrojames

varrojames Member

Metallica - Seek and Destroy

7. Cjm75

Cjm75 pfm Member

Head bobbing back and forward a little is it :)

8. guey

guey pfm Member

Freeform Five - Strangest Things

9. Mark Pope

Mark Pope Senior Moment

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate

10. Cjm75

Cjm75 pfm Member

Tool
    10000 days

A masterpiece, complete and utter class!!

11. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Lateralus is one of my faves.

12. HairyHaggis

astral weeks

13. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Just finished spinning:

"Spiritualized / Lazer Guided Melodies". It was the first LP I was aware of that came as a 2 x 45rpm 12" as standard. Mr Pierce never was one for doing things by halves.

Now:

"Loscil / Sea Island". It got good reviews, but I definitely think it's a step down from 'Sketches From New Brighton'. Lovely all the same.

14. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Beck - Morning Phase.

Oh my goodness.....

15. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Jascha Heifetz, Double Concertos by Bach, Mozart and Brahms, with the New Symphony Orchestra of London conducted by Malcolm Sargent, the RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra conducted by Izler Solomon, and the RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra conducted by Alfred Wallenstein respectively.

16. HairyHaggis

spooky...

17. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Githead's latest album, Waiting for a Sign, engages with sly-funk beats.

Colin Newman from Wire, Robin Rimbaud aka Scanner and Minimal Compact's rhythm section, Malka and Max, are in them.

Jack

18. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Schubert, Symphonies 8 & 9, Boston SO/Charles Munch

19. Cjm75

Cjm75 pfm Member

After the Massive Attack thread started i thought "Why the hell not!"

Massive Attack
    Heligoland

20. kumachan

kumachan pfm Member

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/herbie-hancock-trio-77-herbie-hancock-trio/0888880590954

Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams in a take-no-prisoners acoustic trio which was only ever released in Japan at the time (1977 as per the album title). Carter and Williams channelling a lot of 70s funk, Herbie digging in, but adding his usual pianistic finesse too. The same trio recorded a follow-up in 81, and that's also very fine but a tad more sedate. The version of Milestones here is killer.

Note the current keen pricing on the Qobuz download, and the recording's well up to snuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.