1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #53

Discussion in 'music' started by Nick_G, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Dark Side Of The Moon live from Immersion boxset

2. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

3. Ian Dunmore

Ian Dunmore Well-Known Member

The Wedding Present - Seahorses

4. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

5. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

Tangerine Dream - Live Miles

6. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

7. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Mark Pritchard - Under The Sun

8. guey

guey pfm Member

He pretty much never puts a foot wrong

9. mrlamonta

mrlamonta pfm Member

10. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

I love the feel and flow of that album. I expect you have more than me, as the only others I know are 76:14 (of course), and more recently, 93 Million Miles. If there's any more I should get, let me know, and I'll look them up. Tks, A.

11. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

12. guey

guey pfm Member

I'd suggest:

Harmonic 313 - When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence, for an album ranging from hip hop, through electro(nica), and a gorgeous neo-soul track with Steve Spacek.
    The Turn It On 12" with Steve Spacek, kinda hip hop/broken beat
    Harmonic 33 - Extraordinary People, for a hip hop/exotica vibe; and Music For Film, Television & Radio, Volume 1, for a wonky take on library music.
    Troubleman - The First Phase, tough broken beat
    Reload - A Collection Of Short Stories, which is closer to the Global Communication, but with a more early Warp feel
    plus remixes for Radiohead, Nightmares On Wax, Azymuth, The Orb....

The only stuff I'm not wild on is his dancehall/ragga/shouty hip hop tracks (largely because they're not genres I largely like); but they are brilliantly produced, if that's your bag.

13. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Whoa, thanks a lot, that’s excellent. I thought you’d say the Harmonic 313 album, so I’ll start there. I don’t like catching up on loads of stuff at once, but will check out the rest... I may be some time!

14. mrlamonta

mrlamonta pfm Member

Feelings by Jay Richford & Gary Stevan (Sandro Brugnolini & Giancarlo Gazzani)

15. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

Overkill / Too Late, Too Late - Motorhead 12" single.

16. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

"The Watcher" Motorhead

17. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Chromatics - Night Drive

[​IMG]

18. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

John Entwistle ‎– Smash Your Head Against The Wall

19. smegger68

smegger68 Mango Enthusiast

20. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Basil Kirchin - 'Basil Kirchin Is My Friend' (Trunk)

My favourite album of last year.