1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #2

Discussion in 'music' started by guey, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Barb Jungr tonight , back in her home town at the Plaza, Stockport.

edit
    fantastic performance by Barb as usual, but only half full. Not promoted enough and booked too late I reckon.

2. nickc78

nickc78 Member

Back in November saw Agitation Free at the Jazz Cafe, it was long awaited (not only because they never played the UK even in their prime) but it had been postponed since April! It was amazing and everything I hoped it to be.

3. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

We had our annual visit to see The Silencers when they were back in Scotland at Christmas. Lost count of the times I've seen them now!

4. Bob McC

La Traviata at ENO on Saturday for me.

5. AndyFelin

AndyFelin You call that art?

Gilad Atzmon & the Orient House Ensemble @ Aberystwyth Arts Centre on Saturday

Excellent (a good time was had by all)

6. Kuffdam

Kuffdam Active Member

Dutch Uncles at Bridinell in Leeds. Interesting, off-beat stuff.

7. Bob McC

La Traviata on Saturday at the Coliseum. Absolutely fantastic performance and the sparse set works perfectly.

8. Maureen Jones

Maureen Jones pfm Member

Michael Jackson tribute by Circus Solei at O2. My favourite performer, lots of archive film with the acrobats and dancers, worth going to see if it is on again in a smaller venue. Although we had the most expensive seats it all seemed rather small

9. icksilver

icksilver Registered Bodger

Marcus Bonfanti playing some fantastic solo blues last night. Also saw Jamie Williams and Steve Roux as part of the Broadstairs Blues Bash.
    Back over to Broadstairs again later today to see Dove & Boweevil, Storm Warning, Babajack, Rythm Zoo and the headline act Blues Band.
    Loads of other free acts to see all over this weekend.

10. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

Going slightly mad this evening with a first see of 'Dressed to Kill' The missus is not to imperesed so I'll have to drag her along.
    A Kiss tribute band of course, I think it'll be fun.

11. clogman

clogman pfm Member

Trichotomy a few weeks ago at the Lakeside in Nottingham.
    Saw them when they previously toured and liked them more then. Too polished now for my liking and the drummer, who is great, is playing very much second fiddle (ahum!) to the pianist. Don't think making it big by signing with Naim has done them much good personally. Still looking for a new E.S.T. Perhaps Go Go Penguin? Anyone seen them?

12. clogman

clogman pfm Member

Tony Kofi at BeestonJazz in Nottingham on the last day of Jan. Very good indeed and in a very nice, intimate venue. Way jazz is supposed to be! The local BoHop trio gave terrific support and am looking forward to next concert there.

13. AndyFelin

AndyFelin You call that art?

Richard Thompson - St Davids Hall, Cardiff last Thursday.

RT was excellent but the bass was one note - are all sound engineers half-deaf?

14. Nickargenta

Nickargenta pfm Member

Alvin Youngblood Hart in Emsworth last night. Well worth the price of admission.

15. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

Turned out great fun, we had fire, fireballs, smoking guitars, fireworks, blood, the oath, plenty beers, and some fun sounds.

He didn't fly though :D

16. Still

Still gyldengourd

sigur rós at the SECC, Glasgow. What a cracker!
    The bees were really buzzing in my bonnet by the end of the show. :)

17. Bill Colledge

Bill Colledge pfm Member

Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Tuesday, Mahler 5, Glass ,Bernstein and Penderecki.

Makes it obvious that even good HI Fi has a very long way to go.

18. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

I was there too... great concert.

But couldn't believe the number of people standing around chatting all the way through the music. They should have gone to the pub instead.

19. wylton

wylton pfm Member

The Magic Band at the Concorde2, Brighton, Friday1st March (see my other thread).

That's always a problem, and it annoys me too..

20. Still

Still gyldengourd

This brings out the ocd extremist in me. All venues need a big sign similar to the jazz cafe "during the performance STFU" imo.
    And what on earth are all those people thinking sticking their smart 'phones in the air recording crappy video, but obscuring the view for everyone else?
    Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.