1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

We were stood by the mixing desks; fantastic skills on show!

2. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Yeah, it was a great day.

3. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Really enjoyed the day: apart from great sets by TP and SN, I thought the Shelters were excellent. It does help that the weather was fabulous all day.

4. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Just been playing the Shelters album, really liking it. Wish TP had done a bit more early stuff, but I guess with such a big catalogue you can't please everyone, and to be fair I was blown away, the first and last time I'll see him probably. Had a great day, got there at 12 with Gold tickets and we were upgraded to Diamond which was the strip at the front of the stage. Amazing. A couple of guys from the Lumineers came down to watch TP next to us and were getting right in to it. :D

5. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

The Jesus And Mary Chain in Hull tonight. Loud and with great hair (William). All you need really.

6. Konteebos

Konteebos Post Ironic

I saw Sunn 0))) last night in Glasgow, it was an experience unlike any other gig I have been to. I expected it to be loud, but not so loud that air would be sucked from my lungs by one note and then my eyeballs vibrated by the next.

7. canonman

canonman Mirror slapper

Alter Eagles in Windsor last night. Utterly exceptional and uncannily close to the real thing.

8. antinchip

antinchip pfm Member

Accompanied my wife to see Coldplay at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff last week. An experience never to be repeated!

9. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

Evan Parker, John Edwards and Paul Lytton at the Vortex in Dalston last night. Exceeded even my high expectations, and possibly converted my lied-singing son to free improvisation.

10. jon l

jon l pfm Member

Sounds good. You (both) might be interested in Evan Parker with Matthew Shipp as part of this festival in Mulhouse, France in August.

http://www.festival-meteo.fr/spip.php?mot1538

11. Caliente

Caliente pfm Member

Good to hear that Evan is still treading the boards...

We're going to see Seckou Keita and Catrin Finch in Kendal tomorrow - we're popping up to Scotland afterwards for a nostalgia trip only to discover that Seckou and Catrin will be at a small festival nearby - just need to persuade the missus that this is a rare opportunity not to be missed!

12. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

Thanks Jon; the Mulhouse schedule was great last year but I was travelling at the time. This year also looks good, and my son has said he'd like to see the Parker / Shipp concert. I may also drag him to Musica Elettronica Viva and Brotzmann.

13. deek

deek pfm Member

PJ Harvey at the Edinburgh Playhouse last Monday... Fantastic.

Fire Engines at Leith Theatre on Friday night... Dreadful acoustics but I adore the band and was glad to see them, my girlfriend and I (and a few others) danced like idiots. The way it should be.

14. Konteebos

Konteebos Post Ironic

The Flaming Lips at Glasgow Barrowlands last night - completely mad! (In a good way)

15. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

My sister and some other friends were at the Playhouse for PJ Harvey on Tuesday - all say it was great.
    Friday we were at the Fire Engines too
    [​IMG]Fire Engines by Pete, on Flickr

Great to see them and a lot of old faces too.

Straight down on the train next day and out to the Lexington for The Bitter Springs and Morton Valance. Great night.
    Vic Godard guesting with the Springs
    [​IMG]The Bitter Springs by Pete, on Flickr.

Morton Valence were simply superb - seen them a few times but this was the best of the lot.
    [​IMG]Morton Valance by Pete, on Flickr

16. deek

deek pfm Member

Great shots there mentalp (I mean Pete)

17. Still

Still gyldengourd

The xx at SWG3 Galvanisers Yard, Glasgow.
    A mighty fine show with joy inducing good sq, and the politest audience I've encountered since seeing The Cocteau Twins.
    More of he same tomorrow night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

The Surfing Magazines at 'The Exchange' in Bristol last night.

A great performance and they looked like they were really enjoying themselves too. Finished their set with an immense cover of Neil Young's Like a Hurricane that very nearly brought tears to my eyes (in a good way).

Supporting act were good too but came in halfway through their set and didn't catch their name - reminded me of the Sultans of Ping FC a bit, or at least the singer did.

Quick word about the venue too: super friendly staff and one of the best small venue sounds that I've heard in a while. The band sounded big and rich and fab, not like that horrible wall-of-sound-treble-hell that you often have to endure. Recommended.

19. Brits

Brits pfm Member

Saw this husband and wife duo on Sunday evening in Gilesgate, Durham.
    Superb. Catch them if you can !!

20. Kiasmos at RFH...very good and very groovy