1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. guey

guey pfm Member

The Psychedelic Furs and, would you believe, Lene Lovich at The Forum, Kentish Town last Saturday.
    Lene was surprisingly good, and the Furs were pretty ace (though I did feel old, when I realised I last saw them about 30 years back at Glastonbury)

2. killie99

killie99 pfm Member

Ryan Adams at Edinburgh Usher Hall last night. A few technical issues at the start of the show which led to a 5 song acoustic run before getting back to full on rock n roll, superb. A bewildering amount of dry ice used and you couldn't see a damn thing! Great night though, go and see him if you get the chance.

3. YSG2000

YSG2000 pfm Member

Anathema tonight at the Garage, Glasgow. I had high hopes and they didn't disappoint - no hesitation to recommend, just superb.

Regards

Brian

4. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

5. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Sparks last night. Far louder than I imagined to the point of distortion at times. Earplugs for the next outing.
    Thoroughly enjoyed their performance, a class act.

Bloss

6. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Not a concert, as such, but the Classic Album Sunday event held yesterday (Saturday!) at the V&A. Got to say hello to, and shake the hand of, Nick Mason. What a lovely chap he seems to be. An interesting 45 minute interview/chat hosted by Colleen Murphy preceeded listening to the album in 5.1. Got a great central seat, and enjoyed the whole thing immensely.

[​IMG]

7. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

Like Whaleblue @ the V&A - found Nick to be rather more talkative than usual, and happy to chat away and put things into context with the album in question, great afternoon.

[​IMG][/url]DSCF4805 by SPH2701, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url]DSCF4882 by SPH2701, on Flickr[/IMG]

8. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

Jane Weaver last night at Norwich Arts Centre. Superb. More dates left on the tour so if you're near/able then I would recommend going. Fans of Can/Neu!/Hawkwind will approve, I think. Link to tour dates:

https://janeweavermusic.com/live/

9. Anh

Anh Naim ghetto blaster

Richard Thompson (From Fairport Convention) at Brighton, then the next morning we saw him check out of the same hotel as us!

10. guey

guey pfm Member

Off to see her her in Oxford this Sunday - really looking forward to it.

11. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Zhenya Strigalev Band. Not my ideal jazz style, but they were fantastic musicians. Only 25 people in the audience, several older disabled people who really enjoyed themselves. In fact one joined our table and it made an excellent evening. Keep it simple.

Bloss

12. Theo

Theo pfm Member

London Grammar at Rock City last night. Far more enjoyable live than on record.

13. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Australian Pink Floyd in Guildford last night with 14yr old daughter, a fantastic night apart from the shocking lack of decent take away after 10.30!!

14. garry71

garry71 Active Member

My last concert was Bob Dylan in Brum in 2009. I don't think concerts are really my thing at all. Anytime I've gone to one, I start looking at my watch after about 15 minutes, even when I saw the Stones and was twenty feet away from Mick Jagger!

15. GJO

GJO pfm Member

Steely Dan and the Doobie Bros at the O2 with SteveS1 last night,most enjoyable evening although it took a couple of songs until they got the sound mix right for SD.

16. guey

guey pfm Member

Jane Weaver last night in Oxford, which was excellent.
    The support, Protection Spells were pretty good too.

17. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Portico Quartet at the Lantern in Bristol supported by Daudi Matsiko (who is newly signed to Naim Records)

18. boneman

boneman pfm Member

Yep, really good night. Just a shame the mic for the only bone solo was MIA!

19. davcoll

davcoll pfm Member

Marty Stuart in Brum . 70 km. drive to Poitiers TGV to Paris, Metro across Paris, Eurostar to St Pancras. Euston to Tamworth ,collected by my Daughter to stay with her.

2 days later train to Brum for the gig 3 days later return trip to Poitiers and home.
    Dave.

20. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

seeing them tonight in Brixton