1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Ghostpoet on 25th at the Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool. Sound was awful in what is just a converted warehouse that was probably only 25% full (although was sold out apparently ?!?!?). Actually sounded better in the portaloos out back where you could get away from the echo.

That aside, the support act were pretty good, and the snippets here sound promising.

https://eeramusic.bandcamp.com/

2. Realist

Realist Terminally Skint

The Residents at Het Depot in Leuven

3. palasr

palasr >>>...

King Crimson at The Egg in Albany NY, 8 November.

<<<-----This is The Egg, btw....

4. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Just bought tickets to see Joan Baez at the Birmingham Symphony Hall in March. I have never seen her live, this might be the only, or last, opportunity to do so.

5. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

Howe Gelb Trio in Birmingham on Friday - there were only about 30 of us!

I suspect Van Morrison at Symphony Hall tonight will attract a few more

6. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Dennis Locorriere with Dr Hook at the Bournemouth Pavilion last Friday.......surprisingly good as it happens, he's still got a decent voice.

narabdela likes this.
  7. mhv

mhv pfm Member

Sleaford Mods at the UEA on Wednesday last week. Powerful show from two blokes and a laptop!

8. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Busy week coming up - Afro Celt, Caravan and Blondie.

9. narabdela

narabdela who?

Saw them Saturday night in Leicester. It's the other half who's the fan, but I was really surprised by how good he sounds.

I'd also forgotten just how extensive their repertoire was. Great show!.

10. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Marcus Miller at the RFH last night, with a mix of classics (Tutu) and themes from his last album Afrodeezia (Hylife). Very enjoyable evening from one of the great bass players. None of the superstar rushing off after an hour, either: he played almost two hours.

11. timola

timola pfm Member

I was at Sparks playing the Shepherds Bush Empire. I'm afraid I did not enjoy it and left early. The sound quality of the venue was awful, almost the worst I've heard. I meant to complain to the management but never did in the end.

The sound was muffled with no top end extension, I could only hear the bass drum, there was no point playing cymbals as these were not audible. The singing and even addressing the audience was unintelligible.

Sorry about going to town on how bad the sound was, but this was my 4th or 5th Sparks gig and I was very disappointed... BTW I was in the top circle. They played here a few years back on their balloon tour and that was far better. Their best show was at the Astoria many years ago, a really top class show.

12. timola

timola pfm Member

Saw OMD at the Roundhouse last Monday, a really good show and I recommend the venue. The sound system was great, (only gripe: a bit too boomy). Why is that concert venues think that having rumbling earthquake like bass is a good idea?

Dua Lipa at Brixton Acacdemy was excellent, far better than I expected.

Has anybody booked to see Camel at The Royal Albert Hall next September?...About time they did a really top class venue, I can't wait. I'm guessing it will coincide with a new album release, at least I hope so..:)

13. andrew

andrew pfm Member

Howe is one of my favourite performers, have seen him in Leeds a couple of times. Deserves to be much more popular!

14. andrew

andrew pfm Member

Magic Band in Leeds last night. Really good - the live performance makes sense of the music in a way that the recorded version lacks. Highly recommended, even (or especially) to those who have never really 'got' Beefheart.

15. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Thank goodness for you saying this, I may not need earplugs after all. I also thought of complaining but come the end I was reasonably intoxicated, that top bar never once had a queue.

Bloss

16. SteveB

SteveB Wir sind schaufensterpuppen

Just back from War On Drugs @ Portsmouth Guildhall - great concert. I know there are a few fans on here and while I can't totally get into the albums, they do put on a good gig.

17. That's unfortunate, I've been to quite a few gigs at the Shepherds Bush Empire, I've always found it to be an excellent venue, probably my favourite in London.

Cheers BB

18. guey

guey pfm Member

System7/Mirror System in Cambridge on Saturday.
    Wouldn't particularly have been my choice; but it was pretty good (ridiculously banging towards the end of the set though)

19. darkstarcrashes

darkstarcrashes Active Member

Seeing them tonight in Aldershot. Their last few visits to the UK have been phenomenal. Alas it's Drumbo's final tour of the Magic Band.

20. Sich

Sich Active Member

Run the Jewels at Birmingham 02 Academy - physical!