1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What's The Last Vinyl Album You Bought?

Discussion in 'music' started by Barry williams, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

ELO, The Very Best Of,

Dave Gilmour, Live at Pompeii

Can't decide about Robert Plant, though (Vinyl or CD?).

2. garry71

garry71 Active Member

I can't put a finger on the exact last record I bought as I've just had a splurge around the charity shops and ended up with 40 classical records, and 2 Peggy Lee. I wouldn't normally go for Peggy Lee, but they were in such good condition that I couldn't resist. One of them is in mono, and sounds really good with loads of detail.

Some of the classical records are from the 1950s, and I was surprised at how good the recordings are, especially the stereo ones!

Cheers
    Garry

3. kendo

kendo gloominati

Latest one, Mogwai - Every Country's Son.
    Prior to that, The Pretty Things - SF Sorrow (Madfish stereo),
    Public Service Broadcasting's - Every Valley
    and Martyn Bennett's - Grit

4. nuff

nuff Active Member

Gary Numan album - Savage
    A very good album.

5. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

REM - Green.

6. slammed56

slammed56 pfm Member

Ian Matthews- if you saw throu my eyes
    Pete Brown & Piblokto - thousands on a raft

7. JD68

JD68 Active Member

Would have loved to have picked up that Peggy Lee album. I never find anything that good in charity shops.

8. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

John Coltrane - Heavyweight Champion Box Set, 11 LP set from the Rhino handmade series containing all his Atlantic Records releases with an additional outtakes double LP. Beautiful set and well worth obtaining if you see one and a fan of Coltrane

I might be tempted to get the Atlantic mono set next

9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

My Darling Clementine - Still Testifying

10. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Cracking album, where did you manage to find it on vinyl?

11. Still

Still gyldengourd

Cocteau Twins - Milk & Kisses

12. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

Brought quite a few at the weekend from the Motorcycle Museum Record fair, highlights were;

Ike Quebec - Bossa nova soul samba
    Hank Mobley - Slice of the top
    Hank Mobley - Peckin Time
    Jackie Mclean - One step beyond
    Belafonte - Live at the Carnegie Hall

Scored quite a few DG classical of Karajan for 50 pence

All in all not a bad day

13. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

JJ Cale - number 10

14. Chris

Chris pfm Member

So when the Rams win, you buy an LP. I would have thought beating Forest was worth at least 2 or even 3.

15. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Well It is and I did:

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

The Cure - Staring at the Sea - The Singles

Neil Young - Peace Trail

All 3 from the latest HMV sale over here in Derby my old fruit!

16. jimi

jimi pfm Member

Just ordered Dr Cooper Clarke's and Hugh Cornwell's new album on vinyl.

17. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Elvis Costello’s Blood & chocolate on MoFi, as my original copy is getting on a bit & my cd version doesn’t sound as good as the lp does.

18. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Donald Fagen The Nightfly on Mofi

19. docp

docp pfm Member

Fink's new album Resurgam

20. TOFFEEMAN1878

TOFFEEMAN1878 Chosen Not Manufactured

Robert Plant's New One