1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your most valuable LP ?

Discussion in 'music' started by AudioAl, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I bought my copy of Bollocks when it was released. The local record shop I bought it from sold me a French copy of the LP which had a song missing. I later found out that there should have been a one sided single containing the missing song in the LP sleeve. It wasn’t there and I’ve often wondered if the shop kept it as a possible collectors’ item.

2. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

My copy of NMTB came with a one sided Submission 7 inch singe. Don't think they are worth much.

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Yes, that’s the missing track.

4. merlin

merlin pfm Member

I had it on EMI. No idea where it is.

5. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Yeah that's correct.

6. peelaaa

peelaaa pfm Member

Richard Hawley - Coles Corner

Think I paid £15 when it was released, now crazy money

7. Chas B

Chas B Active Member

Don't even want to know what it's worth now but I had Def Leppards 'Getcha Rocks Off' on the Bludgeon Riffola label. It mysteriously went missing, with hindsight I realise my ( now ex) wife probably sold it to pay for her alcohol addiction...:eek:

8. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Plus hardly anyone was into them at the time so a lot of thier records were scrapped which is why some of thier surf is so rare.

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That has to be wrong. The first three singles all sold shed loads even if GSTQ was banned so denied an official chart position (would have been #1 as I understand it). NMTB was repressed many, many times and was up to a -9 or 10 matrix before Virgin even changed from the white-blue gradient Virgin label (about ‘78-79 IIRC) and it has existed on every later Virgin label design as far as I know. The 11 track first press is rare though.

10. davem

davem pfm Member

Original US and UK pressings of Van Morrison's 'Blowin' in the Wind.'

11. RickyC6

God Save The Queen "officially" got to number 2 and was selling up to 150,000 copies a day.

12. RickyC6

Blowin' Your Mind, yeah?

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Blowin' Your Mind! on the front cover and Blowin' Your Mind on the back.
    I have the US first pressing. Only $25-$30 on Discogs.

14. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Aye but I mean right at the start Tony even before they told Russel Harty to f u ck off, I mean they were shite then and couldn't play a note:D

15. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Seriously? Had no idea they were that popular, I was into Bob Marley and seventies soul at the time, hated punk with the exception of Peaches (Stranglers) and Debbie Harry. Later on I got into Talking Heads big time so much so that I can't listen to any of their albums now, same with Marley.

16. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I never bought into this - on early bootlegs like Indecent Exposure (Sept 76) they just sound like a really tight and together rock & roll band.

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Agreed. Vicious couldn’t really play, but he wasn’t on any of the good records. The rest, as was so often the case with punk, were really good musos. Malcolm McLaren liked a good story...

18. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

The Sex Pistols play the Beach Boys' Greatest Hits?

19. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

I think you are getting mixed up between... oh, never mind.

20. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

It was Bill Grundy rather than Russell Harty that the Pistols swore at. Harty was the one who got slapped by Grace Jones.