1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your most valuable LP ?

Discussion in 'music' started by AudioAl, Oct 9, 2017.

1. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Indeed. Doubt Vicious played on any of the studio stuff, Steve Jones would have played the bass parts after Matlock left.

2. spengenuk

spengenuk pfm Member

Travis The Man Who with 12” bloody hell £150
    John Lee Hooker Healer Classic records 4 single sided box set
    Patricia Barber Nightclub double MOFI box
    My fav though is a signed Hounds of Love and HOL music score by Kate, no idea of that ones value.

3. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Linn Lad

I have ‘Never for Ever’ and ‘The Dreaming’ signed to me - unsure if that makes them worth that much more than a standard early pressing though, and wouldn’t want to sell them anyway.

Mick

4. HydeLea

HydeLea pfm Member

Bealtes - Please Please Me - Black/Gold parlophone label stereo UK 1st pressing ..... apparently one went for £18k !

5. aedagnino

aedagnino pfm Member

Probably Bowie's Blackstar limited edition, clear vinyl with three lithographs. I'm guessing I could get £200 for that? Prices went crazy right after he died, some were listed around the us$1000 mark. I really wished at the time I bought a couple more when I pre-ordered...

6. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Missed the boat, huh. Bowie must be laughing somewhere up there.

Bloss

7. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

:D Retirement investment :cool:

8. mickyricky

mickyricky pfm Member

Nice!!!

9. garry71

garry71 Active Member

A fairly modest one for me: The Stairs - Mexican RnB. About £100 on discogs.

10. aedagnino

aedagnino pfm Member

Out of curiosity, checked my collection on discogs, and apparently my most valuable record is a vinyl copy of Kate Bush's Aerial. Mint copies have been sold up to US$500. Great record BTW.

Made me remember something someone said: "My greatest fear is my wife selling my record collection after I die... according to what I told her I had paid."

11. aedagnino

aedagnino pfm Member

I'm pretty sure 'somebody up there likes him'!

12. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Young Americans and Station to Station his best couple of records IMO.

Bloss

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

My copy has a pressing fault...all of the early UK ones I had did...gave up exchanging it.

14. aedagnino

aedagnino pfm Member

Yep, that's true. Noticeable crackling on some tracks, but not that distracting for me. YMMV. Absolutely worse were my first two copies of the limited edition of Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool, utter crap in terms of pressing. My third copy, though not perfect, was pretty much ok.

15. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

I've a copy of Ariel, didn't realise it was potentially worth summat. Mine's got a strange little blemish on side four, loooks almost like something's been dropped on it, but it's totally inaudible. Very quiet, no clicks or pops.

16. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Probably my fully signed Joy Division Ideal for Living 7'. ( the last one on Discogs was pitched at £7,500 but I doubt it sold. )

Query. I have some rare Throbbing Gristle stuff. Original Second Annual Report. Discogs circa £600. ( plus 20 Jazz Funk Greats & United 7" plus fan 'fan club' posters. I have the opportunity to get them signed by Chris and Cosey this week. Would contemporary signatures detract from the value of historical items? I'm in two minds!!!!
    Just wished I'd got them signed in the '80's when Genesis rocked up in a Range Rover, probably the one on the back of 20 J.F.G.'s, at an art gallery private view!

17. pqpq

pqpq pfm Member

Not an LP, a 12" single. The Italian version of The Smiths William It Was Really Nothing. It has a totally different version of How Soon Is Now on the B side. Here