1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Submarine Turntable

Discussion in 'audio' started by Gerard124, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

2. Rick_F

Rick_F pfm Member

Not my cup of tea, looks tacky to me.

3. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Several years too late, the Beatles fan demographic are getting old

4. Durmbo

Durmbo Not French

Hmmm... yuck.

A manic person might buy one, though.

5. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Yellow Submarine always sounded like a boy band trying desperately to be cool and that turntable is from a turntable company trying desperately to be cool so there is a symmetry there I suppose. Whats next DSOM, Ziggy Stardust?

6. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

No, no, it’s clever. For old foggies with failing eyesight, you have one unmistakable deck for each record you play.

As @Natara suggests, the rest of the range will follow shortly, no doubt.

7. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

They also did a Sgt Pepper "Limited Release" version last year to mark its anniversary. I guess they must have sold in sufficient numbers for them to do it again with the YS launch?

8. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

I love it but I just don't need more audio equipment.

9. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

10. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Hmm, fancy shape; yellow paint.

Will they do me one in the shape of a minion do you reckon?!

11. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

From sales of the Sgt Pepper 2017 mix and the DeAgostini collection, a young following is getting bigger and bigger.

It's fun and will be of excellent quality no doubt. So whats the harm?

I would suggest it aimed specifically at the younger generation such as your good self no doubt, and if it brings more people into the fold of obtaining physical releases over downloads etc I am all for it.

12. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Yep, exactly my thoughts; if it encourages people to get involved then great, a percentage of them will take it further and that has to be a good thing for the industry.

Sgt pepper likes this.
  13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

They missed a trick, its so big they could easy have got a 12” arm on it!

14. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Surely they should make a Revolver album cover turntable just because of the name.

15. Pinky

Pinky In suspense, not compressed

Will it play underwater?

16. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

It will play my copy of Underwater Sunlight