1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

£200K Hamburger a taste of things to come?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by aquapiranha, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Time Audio

Time Audio Trade: Time Audio

Synthetic steak :eek:..... and the point is?
    Give me a nice bit of proper fillet steak any day :)

[​IMG]

2. auric

auric pfm Member

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

As it says in the article, insects already do feed rather a lot of people. For us in the West though, my money is still on cheap chicken as the mass market protein source. I think the animal protein growing is best reserved for kidneys and hearts, where cost is basically no object. The notion of using this degree of technology simply to manufacture a cheap form of food strikes me as distasteful, like developing a source of free energy then using it only to power amusement arcades.

4. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

Dunno, theres the flipside; if the technology becomes so mass market, production of anything would become so simple and cheap. You could go to your local co-op to buy a spare kidney. Or buy a pack of fags and get a free set of lungs...

5. Time Audio

Time Audio Trade: Time Audio

Nah you'd have to save up 40,000 cigarette cards by which time you'd have already died of lung cancer :eek: