1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

£300M of Cocaine grabbed by customs

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Aug 3, 2011.

1. deanf

deanf pfm Member

I've got this theory that more men take drugs than women because men do not the natural release that women have i.e. the menstrual cycle. And drugs are only a release.

There are three types of drug taking: those people who have no urge for them whatsoever; those who take a moderate amount and find their own balance, and those who take them and want more and more until it destroys them.

Heroin for example, is phsyically less addictive in its purest form than nicotine. Controlling the purity would protect the masses and generate revenue to deal with the other problem of serious addiction. And pay off the global deficit in a couple of years.

2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

what on earth does that mean? are you a french philosopher?

vuk.

3. simeon

simeon No fixed engagements

Dude, seriously, if you is snorting that, you is one sick m****f***er

4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Can you not use leeches

5. deanf

deanf pfm Member

Drugs work by being a shock to the system through a chemical imbalance. Women have that naturally through a build up of chemicals, and it all gets released monthly. Men don't have that luxury, so crave an imbalance to restore the natural balance.

As you get older you find more harmony (balance), and don't feel the need to get f**ked up.

How dare you call me French?!

6. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Interesting theory, Dean, but I suspect completely wrong.

7. deanf

deanf pfm Member

skin up our kid, it'll all come clear :cool:

Only joking. I'll step out for a while and let others try talking more sense.

8. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Too late Deano, I took the liberty of copying your post and emailing it to your missus; It's the sofa for you tonight;-)

9. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Menstrual cycle? I get my natural release from my bicycle.

10. Basil

Basil Harbethian

You think he's married?

I think Deans 'theory' could possibly be the stupidest thing I've ever read not only on pink fish, but the entire internet!

11. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

I think I would be happy for it to be legal and then one could rear kids in a positive manner around addictive behaviour (yes yes including shopping) in my view meaning it wouldnt be a taboo lure catching all too many unaware. Like the french rear their kids re wine.

However narco war terrorism banking money laundering 'war on drugs' Vietnam Cambodia Laos now Afghanistan Kosovo Lebanon Columbia Perus Iran Contra's and I guess other conflicts are drug based/funded. Just as in the UK Opium Wars on China -

I have read off an on over the last 25 years academic research that believes illegal drugs are up there with Oil and Weapons as the second or third biggest earner on the planet

The present system utterly depends on all this Illegal as in untaxed off the book sales and revenues are no lost if legalised - it aint gonna happen.

Pity the poor customs officer etc who get minced between this level of deniability and the need for this hard cash

I dont think Russia is a narco state but it might be the biggest mafia state. Albanian mafia have a bad reputation They control the Turkey onward side of Afghanistans produce which - surprise surprise has rocketed from the last year of the Taliban crackdown and even our mainstream press tells us its under the guidance of Mr Khaazi's brother the Deputy PM.

Nothing happens about that because he is doing the job expected. 90% of European heroin now comes from Afghanistan and via Turkey Albania Kosovo which is also a mafia state.

The Police are due a few good busts everyear well done but the game is a bogey as set up at present.

Of course im a conspiracist today so everything I say can be safely ignored as the ramblings of simple minded dupe etc.

Good grief

12. Joe

Joe pfm Member

But only because it is illegal surely? Legalise it and it is just another commodity like coffee or rubber.

13. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

I used recreational stuff, nothing heavy, for probably 10 years and just stopped really about 15 years ago. I'm now pretty much opposed to them because of what they have done to our society and the shift from being something that went with modern culture to being something that had more to do with a social sub-class. I have been stuck with people that have been heroin addicts and watched their children be threatened with being taken away and put into care, and there is no glamour in that. The rock'n'roll of drugs has long gone to be replaced with the nastiness of homelessness, derelict council tower blocks that old people are terrified to live in, and the despicable gangs of importers who will kill anyone that gets in the way - the rats that spread the disease.
    There is nothing left in the attraction to drugs - it's now need and desperation.

For me, the thought of putting any money into the pockets of these Mafia gangs that trade in human misery and death is too abhorrent to override any other thought of recreation, and that is why we cannot ever legalise drugs, because they can never be taken out of the production line.

Think of the man and his tooled up sons in the news report that opened this thread. Nasty people. They're not Keith Richards. We have to wake up and re-evaluate what drug culture means 40 years later - it isn't nice.

It can never bypass the suppliers and the barons that make the stuff. The quantities are huge, and the supply chain is built on slavery, exploitation and misery. People are horrified at the fur trade and organ trafficking, child prostitution, etc. That has nothing on this. You can't ever legalise anything like that just because you can't stop it.
    You have to make a stand.

I read Un-Cut magazine written by late-middle-aged music journos who are living in the past and have a romanticised approach to drugs that is 40 years out of date. Look at a thin scruffy homeless wreck sitting in a shop doorway on your walk home late at night - he's there on the floor in his baseball hat, dirty white sweat pants and trashed trainers, shell suit top with the 3 blue Adidas stripes down the arms and legs - living on any scraps or maybe a MacDonalds occasionally. Un-Cut magazine see Todd Rungren - we see something very different, and it isn't rock'n'roll. Not even close.

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

but wot about the golden age of disco? cel-e-brate good times get down on it we are fa-mi-lee, c'mon a say....(repeat til powder runs out)

without cocaine there would have been no slap bass, be grateful man

BTW how do you think Earth Wind and Fire managed to do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxc3UAdmtz0

15. Still

Still beware of the duck

Humans have been using mind altering substances as far back as history goes, & beyond.

16. Joe

Joe pfm Member

What?..Like coffee ,tea , rubber or copper?

Of course it can be brought "in house" if there was the will to.

I think that there is too big an invested interest by the law enforcement agencies and Government for them ever to legalise it. You would only need a third of the present Police manpower to manage the crime you would be left with if drugs were legalised.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

17. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

18. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I know I certainly have.

19. Still

Still beware of the duck

I've a funny feeling me too, but my short term memory is poor so I can't be sure.

20. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Legal is best. Every proscribed drug. Available at licensed retailers at known purity and reasonable cost(taxed) - like fags. No one gets mugged for the price of a packet of fags.